Front forks - what to get?

Genius 20

I'm a layman when it comes to 'things mtb'. I ride a Scott Genius 20 and my front fork is leaking oil. Should I replace or have it serviced and if the former, what make and model should I get? I am a large-ish lad - 1.82 m and 105kg.\

Hope you guys can point me into the correct decision.

Just get the fork serviced, not neccesary to buy a new one for a oil leak.

it seems you have a fox fork...how badly is it leaking? obviously repair is much cheaper..

The oil is clearly visible down the fork after a 90 min ride i.e. it is running but very slowly and enough to be concerned.

Will you let us know what Johan says? I Don't want to smother him with same requests as you as my fork has also started leaking by the local guys ar charging me and arm, one leg and lots of money to service my fox...

JEEZZ! Sorry for that horrific grammar and spelling attack! I think faster than I type. Hope you got what I meant?

JEEZZ! Sorry for that horrific grammar and spelling attack! I think faster than I type. Hope you got what I meant?

Got it - will do.

Will you let us know what Johan says? I Don't want to smother him with same requests as you as my fork has also started leaking by the local guys ar charging me and arm, one leg and lots of money to service my fox...

Merida - here is Johan's reply. Suggest you contact him.

Hey Glen

My e-mail address is johan@yellowsaddle.co.za and my phone number 0823086847

Yes, I do fix those forks.

Bring it in. 94 Brazos Street, Berario, Jhb.

Regards

JB