29ER Tyre preasure.

Alien Racer

if I had to run my pressure according to this formula I will be going through rims like tire sealant , way too soft for me .

think this is a good starting point for someone who is not sure then you can personalize from there.

What tyres you running?

What tyres you running?

2.1 Ritchey WCS , running at 2bar . ran them shofter but kept pinching them ( wreched one that way ) did the marathon at Clarens at 2 bar and it was sweet .

2.1 Ritchey WCS , running at 2bar . ran them shofter but kept pinching them ( wreched one that way ) did the marathon at Clarens at 2 bar and it was sweet .

Makes sense - you have to run the thinner tyres at a higher pressure. Like you said in a previous post I think, chose a starting point and experiment from there. What I did was run it progerssively softer from 2 bar until I just felt a big sqaure edged bump touching the rim on a big hit and then going up by 0.1 bar from there.

EASY FORMULA

Your weight:

divide by 50

= the front wheel

+ 20% for the back wheel.

(works just fine in the 60-100kg range) - but you'll actually change based on terrain, etc.

:huh:NB::::!!! And then - wonder how much presssure you lost when you popped the pump nozzle off the vlave :cursing:

Edited by Bigmozzarella

I have been experimenting over the past 3 months and have finally settled at 1.7 bar front and back. I ride a dually and run a Hutchison Python upfront and a Conti Mountain King at the back. My rides are quite varied but my test bench for tyre research has been Breedtsnek. Quite rocky with some aggressive descent and reasonably big hits on the downhill seems like a reasonable test for me. I weigh in at 83 kg.

Riding the Mabalingwe Lionman 2 weeks ago on these pressures also confirmed that they work well in sand. Obviously if you have less rock you can reduce pressures even further but I am comfortable with my setup for now.

I agree with the previous post regarding accuracy of pressure gauge. Don't trust your pump gauge blindly. Last Year had a couple of front wheel burps until i tested the gauge. 1.9 bar was actually 1.1 bar!