TREK MB - your thoughts please guys

Marc G Harrison

http://www.thehubsa....looks-like-new/

Hubbers, I am a roadie, know nothing about MB's.

Please can I have some thoughts on this bike.

Thanks Guys !

Fork prob best thing on that bike,older xt does shift solidly.Could just get a 2012 bike for 10k.

Go to Linden Cycles ask for wolfgang tell him your roadie looking into mtb, say you have 8-10k to spend, the man will help you. :thumbup: You cant get shafted as you do ride & have some knowledge of bikes.

Edited by GrubScrew

The 8500 was a good machine, the only thing is that its a 9 speed while the current is 10.

Maybe if the price comes down to R7 500 :thumbup:

Fork prob best thing on that bike,older xt does shift solidly.Could just get a 2012 bike for 10k.

Go to Linden Cycles ask for wolfgang tell him your roadie looking into mtb, say you have 8-10k to spend, the man will help you. :thumbup: You cant get shafted as you do ride & have some knowledge of bikes.

THANK YOU

That's a good solid bike and the guy says "urgent sale" so negotiate with him.I ride the newer 8500 frame and really like it.

That's a good solid bike and the guy says "urgent sale" so negotiate with him.I ride the newer 8500 frame and really like it.

Are you on a 29er , or still the 26er Hard Tail. Do you find the ride HARD ?

I don't think that's a 2009 XT rear derailleur. Check on the internet what a 2009 xt derailleur looks like. And anyway, for that price, look at bike shops, or Bargain the price down.