Yellow Saddle Bike Mechanic Course

Greg29

Has anyone been on the Yellow Saddle Bike Mechanic Course and can you give feedback? I want to start servicing my own bike and this looks like the only course of it's kind in Jo'burg.

Has anyone been on the Yellow Saddle Bike Mechanic Course and can you give feedback? I want to start servicing my own bike and this looks like the only course of it's kind in Jo'burg.

Also want to do this course. I see the dates and info on the website is from 2010.

I'm petty sure Johan posted dates for 2012 courses on a thread somewhere recently.

I've done it a couple of years ago and it is well worth it. I still did a course which included the tools needed to service your bike. I don't think it's done like that anymore though.

Johan is very knowledgeable and you will save yourself lots of money by doing your own servicing.

Edited by philip.maree

Just spoke to Johan who runns the course, it's generaly done on the last weekend of the month and he seems pretty booked up. The course covers everything except shock servicing and wheel building, otherwise you'll strip and rebuild your bike.

so where can we get more details on how to contact Johan and what is the price of the course....

how much does the course cost?

Budget for R3000, then also budget a further few thousands for tools :thumbup: Edited by Caerus

Very much worth it. I have done it a few years back and it has saved me a lot of money plus the pleasure of being able to work on my own bikes with confidence.