[Event] Rijk Tulbagh MTB Race & Funride

cji

I'm hoping that by next year I should be fit enough and then can come out in the week and go ride it. Then I can let people know what I think of the ride and you can have accurate figures (I use 3 different gadgets to measure route length and elevation etc - gadget freak, I know :w00t: ).

More than welcome, always looking for a partner to try out some new routes.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like a medal to hang in my workshop at home. I Have medals and badges from 1990 when I started riding road events on my first MTB and is a nice reminder for myself as I get older.

I don't mind the R10 or more on the cost of the race and also wouldn't mind if they added another 10 for charity.

Just my humble opinion.

How about a couple of extra climbs just for you next year. :devil: We've used google earth to map the route and got the elevation from that, was wondering how accurate it is, obviously not that accurate. Next year you can visit me the weekend before the race then we can map it with your garmin... and work that extra climbs in we owe you... :whistling:

Sounds like a plan. That area is awesome and I would ride there a lot more often if I could get the permission to use the land!! If you want me to join you to check it some time let's make the plan... Thanks again though it was a great ride and lots of fun. All rideable which makes it a superb race. :thumbup:

Sounds like a plan. That area is awesome and I would ride there a lot more often if I could get the permission to use the land!! If you want me to join you to check it some time let's make the plan... Thanks again though it was a great ride and lots of fun. All rideable which makes it a superb race. :thumbup:

More than welcome, I'm in the mountain every weekend and as a landowner permission is no problem. Let me know when you want to join.

• 11 months later...

Hey, is this event still happening on the 29th, like advertised?

Edited by Rydogg

Couple of reasons,Tulbagh had the epic and MTN this year and the private school parents do a lot of work for the races. This race is in the June holiday so its a issue to get volunteers and the weather is a risk, you could make a big loss if the weather turns out bad.

Maybe next year again.

That is such a pity but I understand. That place is just super awesome to ride. If you ever organise a ride out there please let me know and I will join you. I will pay for lunch!! :) I did the MTN race and it was tough but so rewarding. Thanks for the update on the race.