Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is clearly marked including the order confirmation:

Thank you for ordering this Groupon "Shopping: Pyro LED cycling lights". You just saved 54%.

So I should be expecting a product with a Pyro LED in it?

Once you click "Buy now" it gives you the option to choose one of the 3 lights.

Once you click "Buy now" it gives you the option to choose one of the 3 lights.

I am aware of that when I placed the order, but then why not on my order confirmation email does it not rather read:

Thank you for ordering this Groupon "Shopping: Extreme Light". You just saved 54%?

Why wait three weeks when you can order Magicshine from us with a locally supported warranty and have door to door next business day delivery in main centres of South Africa :thumbup: R1050 for an MJ870 1200 lumen light on special including delivery or R950 for an MJ808B 1000 lumen light including delivery for Father's Day...

98% of all these lights are the same Magichine's with different names on it. One dont get a Pyro LED or Extreme LED. Order direct from Dealextreme for $50, thats now with a 3 week waiting for delivery.

See this thread: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/115228-win-a-magicshine-mj880-2000lumen-4000k-cycle-light/page__st__48

Too good to be true? Posting from the above thread:

Funny how the price has jumped from R1,500 pre the groupon deal to R3,199 on your website to be able to sell at a 54% discount at, wait for it, R1,499.

I'm also sure the 1000 was listed at R899 early May, now R2,199 discounted to R999.

R1,500 was price discussed in this forum.

Here are some photos with the numbers...

Deal with GroupOn at your own risk, very little respect for honesty in advertising in the South African operation.

Well, well, well. Seems someone has/ is telling massive porkies here. Just been dealing with the Regional Sales Manager of Groupon regarding this matter, and some info has come to light (excuse the pun)

All parties are now going to be investigated by Groupon. Seems a few people were right regading this matter.

We have decided to offer 5 Magicshine MJ880 2000 lumen lights at R1499 (including delivery within South Africa) to match the Groupon offer. Please be aware that these lights are available on a first come first served basis so if you want one, get in touch with us at info@magic-shine.co.za asap

The lights are supplied with a 6 cell battery, charger and o-rings PLUS, as with all lights supplied by us, there is a 1 year warranty on everything except the battery which has a 90 day warranty.

Well, well, well. Seems someone has/ is telling massive porkies here. Just been dealing with the Regional Sales Manager of Groupon regarding this matter, and some info has come to light (excuse the pun)

All parties are now going to be investigated by Groupon. Seems a few people were right regading this matter.

Would you care to share some of the info that has surfaced? Interested in finding out how this is all going to be dealt with as I have not heard back from them regarding a credit or anything!

See this thread: http://www.thehubsa....ht/page__st__48

Too good to be true? Posting from the above thread:

Deal with GroupOn at your own risk, very little respect for honesty in advertising in the South African operation.

Are you not mixing Groupon with Hannes???

Thank you for ordering this Groupon "Shopping: Pyro LED cycling lights". You just saved 54%.

This is what is says on my order confirmation.

Yeah, same as mine. As Edge Design pointed out, I think this is one and the same people. I hope I get my refund though, seems HelloPeter is full of unhappy people.

PM Hannes Zietsman (spelling) here on the hub and ask - he is the owner of Pyro Lights

Are you not mixing Groupon with Hannes???

Quite possibly. The website prices were changed to match the GroupOn normal price. I know GroupOn can't do that.

Quite possibly. The website prices were changed to match the GroupOn normal price. I know GroupOn can't do that.

Either way i agree with you.....it sucks.