Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

The two lights aren't the same. The one sold via groupon aka 1200 are brighter and have a 8.4V battery where the other one ,the red 1000, uses the same configuration as the Ryder 4.2V battery pack it is a small amount light but runs longer. You also get a tail light with the Red one and a rubberized battery pack.

Thank you for explaining that to me :thumbup:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannes

Can I use the 8.4V 4400mAh with pouch from pyro for the extreme light to. Want a battery for a backup

depends on which one have. the 1200 groupon one will be fine. Not the Red one

Can one not use a single battery for both via a splitter? If so then which battery would work?

nope. The Red one as 4 cells all connected in parallel. Giving you 3.7V/4.2V vs 7.4V/8.4V of the Pyrolights. In other words rather not mix them.

nope. The Red one as 4 cells all connected in parallel. Giving you 3.7V/4.2V vs 7.4V/8.4V of the Pyrolights. In other words rather not mix them.

In other words... carry two batteries? Can one not get a battery for both lights?

Edited by gwhite

I have contacted the manufacture of the RED 1000 unit to ask what will happen if you connect the 8.4V battery to it. But yes. it is generically better to have 2 batteries for 2 lights. Li-ion don't like high currents drains so you will win run time. the lower the current drain the higher the effective capacity.

Everything aside, Groupon still has the Extreme Light 1200 and 3000 on special:

http://www.groupon.c...-Lights/7397956

All pyro / extreme / yadda yadda aside - is the ExtremeLight 1200 at R699 a worthwhile buy for someone looking to get into a bit of night trail riding?

I bought the Extreme 1200 lumens light via the Groupon deal......it is as bright as a train light coming towards you in a tunnel!!

It will fulfill all your needs.....3 hours light on max setting!!

indeed value for money for such a bright light.

I bought the Extreme 1200 lumens light via the Groupon deal......it is as bright as a train light coming towards you in a tunnel!!

It will fulfill all your needs.....3 hours light on max setting!!

indeed value for money for such a bright light.

Wow wonder how strong the 3000 one i then????

I have no idea, but I suggest not to look into it while its on...... :whistling: (you might need a walking stick afterwards) :cursing:

oh, ja...and I paid R649 for mine on the Groupon deal. :clap:

All pyro / extreme / yadda yadda aside - is the ExtremeLight 1200 at R699 a worthwhile buy for someone looking to get into a bit of night trail riding?

Also bought this, with no complaints.

Think there's a better deal on the extreme lights website at the moment.

it is friken mind bowling. Real Lumen out is +_2350 lumen if i calculate it based on the power draw by each LED. best part about is the 8 cell battery pack that is very small compared to the MJ880.

Right finally managed to use my Extremelight 1200 and let me just start off by saying I am one happy rider :thumbup: No disrespect to Magic Shine and Pyro Lights but for the price even at R699 when times are tough and the economy is even tougher... this light will not damage your wallet! I was very happy with the lights performance this morning, for a non-technical ride up to the Blockhouse and back down I was very happy :clap: Wes, I would be more than happy to recommend this light for use in the night along the trails!