Pivot mach 429 full suss, any thoughts

wapad

I finally have started the build and weighed the frame 2.96-2,98 KG

putting Arch EX wheels with KCNC bits, XT group with Formula brakes and a SID shock S-works fast-trak tyres

Should be up and riding by Friday yeeha

Awesome!

Looking forward to the pics!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here she is, sitting at 11.7 kg

very sedate looking and I suppose could be pimped a bit more but man what a pleasure to ride

An awesome climber and excellent in the turn and very agile down the single track

I'll have to get used to the 2x10

For the racing snakes you could easily get this bike to sub 11 KG

post-14048-0-25013500-1346517661.jpg

Here she is, sitting at 11.7 kg

very sedate looking and I suppose could be pimped a bit more but man what a pleasure to ride

An awesome climber and excellent in the turn and very agile down the single track

I'll have to get used to the 2x10

For the racing snakes you could easily get this bike to sub 11 KG

Awesome! Congratulations!

It look fantastic.

That's quite an impressive weight. Especially with Arch EX rims.

My Anthem X 29 is 12.3kg with a similar build (XT gruppo, Thomson bits & Hope/EX rims)

Awesome! Congratulations! It look fantastic. That's quite an impressive weight. Especially with Arch EX rims. My Anthem X 29 is 12.3kg with a similar build (XT gruppo, Thomson bits & Hope/EX rims)

This is it after the first ride, Tokai was pretty wet and muddy, but couldn't resist and it was a good exercise, she cleans up pretty good ..

My Large Anthem was sitting at just on 12 KG

The tyres on the new bike are the Spez fast Trak S-Works superlight at 510g and so far was pretty impressed with them, not the best over the roots but grippy over the Boulders route and great down the Vasbyt track

I must say using Formula R1 brakes and they are really something special, even with a 160mm Rotor in front

post-14048-0-06261200-1346564026.jpg

This is it after the first ride, Tokai was pretty wet and muddy, but couldn't resist and it was a good exercise, she cleans up pretty good ..

My Large Anthem was sitting at just on 12 KG

The tyres on the new bike are the Spez fast Trak S-Works superlight at 510g and so far was pretty impressed with them, not the best over the roots but grippy over the Boulders route and great down the Vasbyt track

I must say using Formula R1 brakes and they are really something special, even with a 160mm Rotor in front

Awesome!!!

Those pivot frames have to bee seen in real life, pics dont do it any justice... black ano especially.

Awesome!!!

Those pivot frames have to bee seen in real life, pics dont do it any justice... black ano especially.

looks aside this Bike is a performer, with the slightly slacker head angle so much more predictable compared to my Anthem

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 5 rides, I can say that I am really happy with the Pivot

This bike is an awesome climber and smooth down the tracks, the frame is stiff and now that I have the rear shock setup properly

Previously on my Anthem i was running the rear shock at 205 psi to get the right sag, now on the Pivot i am right down to 120 psi partly due to the longer stroke on the shock

The Medium pivot frame almost identically matches the Large Anthem so setup was quite easy except for raising the seatpost a touch, but same stem etc

I am running slightly wider bars, with no rise but a few degrees sweep

One thing about the bike I like is that there is far less wash out of the front wheel, I believe it is something they worked on by fiddling with the front triangle and keeping the chain stays nice and short

The Formula brakes are awesome and that with only a 160mm front and rear

The Arch EX are wheels are really bomb proof and the S-works tyres are great for winter although will put a better suited tyre for summer when things get sandy

Still getting used to the 2x10 ( 26-38) Surprisingly have been the 36 rear yet

I have tried a few saddles from spez but ended up going back to my Alliante - lighter and way more comfy

The SID RL front shock is great and now working well with the rear

The bikes are not cheap ( 40K but full XT, XO FD and formula R1 brakes, Stans Arch wheels and KCNC bits Fizik saddle ) rear end that has very little bob so great for climbing

This bike has the potential to be sub 11 Kg, I mde a XC route a did a few laps and seems good and responsive when things get tight and technical up or down

Well that it from me

things to be carefull of is the spacing for rear tyre size quite tight and had to get a buzz rack bar to still use my holdfast bike rack