buckled wheel

roodie

new so this might be a stupid question, but I have treplaced my inner tube with a new one( small valve) and its seems the tube makes the wheel buckle. I have checked dont seem to have any kinks in it.

so if I let the wheel run and hold my finger at a specific point the tyre will touch and leave my finger

How can this be fixed

Bad innner tube or can it be the spokes?

A tyre touching your finger may not mean that the wheel is buckled.

The tyre may not be fitted properly.

Check rim movement in relation to the brake blocks too.

To see if it is the rim, hold a pencil or something lightly against the rim and spin.

If not have a look at the line of bead all the way around the rim. Is it even? If not take the above advice and check that the tyre is properly seated on the rim. You can do this by pumping it up really hard. Sometimes it will pop into place with a very loud click. You can also manhandle the tyre to get it to seat.

If it's not the bead it could be the tube. Sometimes a new tube can tend to bulge in a certain place. So it pushes the tyre out.

If it's a road bike, the tyre often does not seat properly where the valve is.

You need to push the valve into the tyre to make sure that the wide part of the valve, where it is moulded to the tube, is pushed past the beading.

Spray a bit of diluted dishwashing liquid along the bead, then fit and inflate to slightly more than the required pressure. you will hear the bead seating, then back off on the pressure.

Mostly just the tube making bubbles (not the same width all round).