650B on 26er/29er frames

Aurora

Interesting point BB.On a 26" it will raise the bottom bracket which might not be a good thing

I agree but I suppose that the consequence of lowering a BB is worse than raising it? But again I'm just 'postulating' and no ekspet ;)

That would leave 7-8mm for mud clearance I guess?

Not sure the exact dimensions of this frame, I've only got about 5-6mm mud clearance on my Trance with 26" wheels

There is a thread on mtbr.com with a list of bikes that are convertible from 26" to 650B.

Goes back to 2008 or so, I believe.

Forks will be the issue - generally the frame will accept the rear wheel. I say "generally"!

Edited by Chro Mo

There is a thread on mtbr.com with a list of bikes that are convertible from 26" to 650B.

Goes back to 2008 or so, I believe.

Forks will be the issue - generally the frame will accept the rear wheel. I say "generally"!

This one? or this one? If not can you find a link please?

My conti race king 2.2 is really big an believe that its almost 650B. so if i would go to a smaller tyre i would definitely fit a 650b rear wheel in, hence dont know if it will work with my DT swiss fork.

At the Wrld Cup Race, Nino Schurter used a DT Swiss fork, he had adaptors on his Fork Lowers to bring the Clearance up to use 650b wheels...... So I don't think the DT Swiss fork will work.

I agree but I suppose that the consequence of lowering a BB is worse than raising it? But again I'm just 'postulating' and no ekspet ;)

Actually the opposite.

Actually the opposite.

How much difference do you think 12-13mm wil make in raising the BB?