Saddle choices

DR ◣◢

Hi all

Any recommendations on which saddle to get on a full rigid steel bike.

I was thinking of a San Marco Regal for the looks or maybe a Brooks.

Just need something that won't break my back on the longer rides :)

I have a nice brooks that you can buy from me for R1000 if you want. I need my normal specialized saddle as my bum is used to it.

Will post pictures later.

Thanks for the offer but I would prefer to try the saddle out before committing to something long term like that. :D

That's my current problem. I bought the bike second hand and the Brooks has moulded to her/his bum which doesn't suite mine very well.

Do yourself a big favor and go and get measured on an ass-o-meter, it is essential to get the right size saddle.

Where on earth will I find an Ass-o-meter :D ?

I know what I need more or less. Very happy with the saddle on the Fuji but I need something a little bit more forgiving on the SS.

Just as an aside ... I always wonder when riders get/build a single speed rigid and then do everything to make it more 'comfortable'? I see comments about bigger volume tyres and them fancy schmancy curved bars that have some give, even forks that are more comfy ....

Are these bikes not just 'inherently' hard and uncomfortable?

Interesting point.

Im building my SS as a no bull***t bike that will put a smile on my face. No shocks that leak and no gears that can go out. I did a lot of rigid riding when I started riding 15 years ago so I know how to pick a line and ride smooth. But im not getting any younger and a little extra comfort wont hurt.