Hero worshipping dopers

capeofstorms

interesting the 3 doctors (ferrari and the boys) didnt even contest their punishment....although that means nothing

the same way Geert Leinders has never contested that he presided over doping at Rabobank. Only difference being Geert is still in the business and doing better than ever.

Things didn't work out in '07 with the Chicken but it's definitely looking like this will be the tour where it all comes together for him.

Good thing he's an expert with saddle sores. Apparently that's what won him his latest job - according to his current employer anyways.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the same way Geert Leinders has never contested that he presided over doping at Rabobank. Only difference being Geert is still in the business and doing better than ever.

Things didn't work out in '07 with the Chicken but it's definitely looking like this will be the tour where it all comes together for him.

Good thing he's an expert with saddle sores. Apparently that's what won him his latest job - according to his current employer anyways.

Rasmussen...arggghhhhh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/tour-de-france/9391603/Tour-de-France-2012-David-Brailsford-defends-Team-Sky-appointment-of-Dr-Geert-Leinders-after-doping-scandal.html

At least Rasmussen was fun to watch. Not only did he clean up in the mountains and in the TT's, but he knew how to go downhill like a bullet. I reckon the UCI didn't like him though. His name is in the toilet and he never made it back to the pro tour. But in reality LA has tested positive more times than he did (zero).

Edited by Lucky Luke.

If you dope you get the 2year suspension. You make amends and you stay clean. If you get caught again thats its you gone for good and must never be allowed back in the sport or any other. You deserve no respect or pity at all.

My personal favourite dopers - whom I still hero worship in my old age - are Jimmi Hendrix and Jim Morroson. Their drugs made them better at their chosen profession and nobody has a problem with this. Why cant we do the same in sport. Just let them get on with with whatever they want and we get better entertainment?

OK so I am not being 100% serious, but it is food for thought.

just looks like business as usual to me, perhaps bigger business than ever.

I think you're being a tad harsh on the peloton. Far fewer big attacks as the guys are just poked. Last 2 days they have just sat up and toured, can't remember that from 1996 through to 2005.

Do you think they are just pretending to be stuffed so people like me have sympathy for them and believe them to be clean?

Brailsford through a long career, and very successful on the track, has never been involved in a doping story. Why would he start now?

If you dope you get the 2year suspension. You make amends and you stay clean. If you get caught again thats its you gone for good and must never be allowed back in the sport or any other. You deserve no respect or pity at all.

It would be nice if things were black and white but so much is dictated by the culture of the sport.

Cipo for example. One of the greats of the sport. Worked with both Ferrari and Luigi Cecchini. Cycling great, but highly unlikely to have been a clean one. Same deal with Merckx. Both still highly regarded. Merckx tested positive 3 times. The Chicken - never tested positive.

If you've read about all the testimony against him and are still won over by him, personally I find that quite amazing.

He clearly hasn't.

more pictures

Not enough pictures to the words in the evidence?

Draw pictures guys, he understands those?

I think you're being a tad harsh on the peloton. Far fewer big attacks as the guys are just poked. Last 2 days they have just sat up and toured, can't remember that from 1996 through to 2005.

I'd love to believe this is a clean tour but once again the alarm bells are ringing - super loud and clear.

I don't doubt everyone is poked, and I don't doubt everybody has worked super hard to get where they are.

Sky had a 5 year plan to win the tour and it looks like they will come in bang on deadline for the sponsors. Nice newspaper seller just before the UK olympics. Guys in the media business must be super chuffed.

Incredible how they have defended the yellow jersey for longer than any other team in history. On the front day after day, with each team-member riding better than they ever have before. Hard work and new training methods are really paying off for them.

Geert must be kicking himself that he let the Rabo guys dope when they could have just bought tighter skin suits and got a swimming coach.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

It would be nice if things were black and white but so much is dictated by the culture of the sport.

It's probably fair to say LeMond was right, from about 89 the peloton discovered EPO and that was it. You either used or you were not able to keep up. All the front guys used EPO until the tests were developed in time for the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

How hard is it to use if you know you cannot get caught and sanctioned? Sit out for a few weeks because you are over 50%, what a joke.

Tour has been won 3 or 4 times by the guy who got the lead on day 2 and once by the leader from day 1. But not recently. But a team has defended for longer than this year. 4 or 5 times.

The swimming coach has revolutionised they way they train and peak. No longer peak and drop, just peak. No longer race to train but train to race. And being an Aussie I think he might be a bit more ethical dope wise than some of the old cycling bunch. AIS has really instilled a different culture in Aussie sportsmen.

And then I might wake up to cold coffee.

Tour has been won 3 or 4 times by the guy who got the lead on day 2 and once by the leader from day 1. But not recently. But a team has defended for longer than this year. 4 or 5 times.

The swimming coach has revolutionised they way they train and peak. No longer peak and drop, just peak. No longer race to train but train to race. And being an Aussie I think he might be a bit more ethical dope wise than some of the old cycling bunch. AIS has really instilled a different culture in Aussie sportsmen.

And then I might wake up to cold coffee.

sorry, you are correct, record is only a British one - most yellow jerseys for a Brit during one tour.

Lets wait for the mountains and the final TT. I sincerely hope the guys are clean. They will have pulled off something truly astounding if they are.

Not enough pictures to the words in the evidence?

Draw pictures guys, he understands those?

awww... please draw some pictures for me... :eek: :whistling: :drool: :blush: :w00t: :clap: