Entry Level 29" showdown

Lassie Chassis

Atfer some serious hubbing hours I will be extending my "fasiliteit" soon to get a wawiel fiets. I had a go on the Merida and on the Titan and I love it. Recently got back onto my bike 30kg heavier and broke the frame ( in a crash in my defence). 1.8m tall 115kg. Need the exercise.... Previous bike - 26" Schwinn Mesa hardtail. Where would the money be well spent? Here are the options

Brand Momsen Model AL329 Est Cost, R 9 000 Fork SR Raidon Air - Tapersteer Rims Stans no tube ZTR Hub Shimano 32h Tyres Continental X-king R, SLX - 9 speed FD Alivio Shifter Alivio BB Shimano External Brakes Shimano M445 Pedals M505

Brand Titan Model 29R Elite Est Cost R 7 500 Fork SR coil Rims SX44 Hub Shimano m475 Tyres Maxxis crossmark wire RD XT - 10 FD Deore Shifter Deore BB Shimano M522 Brakes Draco 180/160 Pedals n

Brand Merida Model TFS 500 - D Est Cost R 9 000 Fork SR coil - remote Rims Merida big9 Hub Shimano m436 Tyres Maxxis Ardent wire RD XT - 10 FD Deore Shifter Deore BB Shimano Octalink Brakes Shimano M446 180 Pedals M505

Brand Silverback Model Vida 3 Est Cost R 8 500 Fork SR Coil Rims Alex DP20 Hub Shimano RM66 Tyres Kenda Smallblock RD SLX 10 FD Deore Shifter Deore BB Shimano Octalink Brakes Shimano M445 Pedals n

( The Merida an Titan has red on them?)

Okay - Momsen gets my vote. Better wheels (far better) and an Air fork where the rest are bottom of the range coil forks. Also has SLX bits and the best tires of the lot. Also has an external BB as opposed to the Octalink types of the others, which makes it easier to service and replace any parts later on.

MOMSEN all the way on this one.