[Event] Lowveld Quest

Mr. Nature

Event Name: Lowveld Quest

When: 11 April 2013 - 14 April 2013

Where: From Lydenburg - Mankele - Sabie - Graskop -Induna, Mpumulanga

Category: MTB

The Lowveld Quest is Mpumalanga's latest rave in the MTB community.

A 4 day event (11 - 14 April 2013)

Day 1 starting in the grassland valley town of Lydenburg, climbing up & over the escarpent, and then dropping down to Mankele Bike Park. Where you'll get to taste some of their awesome well know bushtunnels.

Day 2 begins with a lung bursting climb, more Mankele trails, along the contour to Misty Mountain, before descending into the MTB Mecca of SABIE. Where we'll overnight at Merry Pebbles.

Day 3 will travers along the well know race trails to the sleepy mountain town of Graskop. Overnighting at the enviromental centre, 3km out of town. You get your last night in a bed!

Day 4 with some great riding through grassland, forests and then bushveld ending up at everyone's favourite Induna Adventures (Hazyview), with tired legs, satisfaction of finishing The Quest and a smile that you can't wipe off your face.

Tented accomodation, mattress, meals & luggage transfer all included for only R7600 per team of 2 riders!

Shuttle services for vehicles from start to finish are limited (at a small fee) so enquire ASAP.

Entries open 1 September 2012 (www.mankele.co.za) Events - Lowveld Quest

Go to Event Page

1 WEEK TO GO!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 WEEK TO GO!

This looks like it will be an absolutely awesome race. It has a lot going for it:

- Amazing trails

- Well priced

- Close to JHB

I reckon it will be a huge success but needs to be advertise in Ride or Tread, I'm definitely riding, luckily I saw this thread.

Can't wait, 3 Towers 1st though.

This looks like it will be an absolutely awesome race. It has a lot going for it:

- Amazing trails

- Well priced

- Close to JHB

I reckon it will be a huge success but needs to be advertise in Ride or Tread, I'm definitely riding, luckily I saw this thread.

Can't wait, 3 Towers 1st though.

It'll be in the next issue of BICYCLING!! :thumbup: See U there.

Event Name: Lowveld Quest

When: 10 April 2013 - 13 April 2013

Where: From Lydenburg - Mankele - Sabie - Graskop -Induna, Mpumulanga

Category: MTB

The Lowveld Quest is Mpumalanga's latest rave in the MTB community.

A 4 day event (10 - 13 April 2013)

Day 1 starting in the grassland valley town of Lydenburg, climbing up & over the escarpent, and then dropping down to Mankele Bike Park. Where you'll get to taste some of their awesome well know bushtunnels.

Day 2 begins with a lung bursting climb, more Mankele trails, along the contour to Misty Mountain, before descending into the MTB Mecca of SABIE. Where we'll overnight at Merry Pebbles.

Day 3 will travers along the well know race trails to the sleepy mountain town of Graskop. Overnighting at the enviromental centre, 3km out of town. You get your last night in a bed!

Day 4 with some great riding through grassland, forests and then bushveld ending up at everyone's favourite Induna Adventures (Hazyview), with tired legs, satisfaction of finishing The Quest and a smile that you can't wipe off your face.

Tented accomodation, mattress, meals & luggage transfer all included for only R7600 per team of 2 riders!

Shuttle services for vehicles from start to finish are limited (at a small fee) so enquire ASAP.

Entries open 1 September 2012 (www.mankele.co.za) Events - Lowveld Quest

Go to Event Page

1 Day to GO!! http://www.mankele.co.za/events_lowveld-quest.php

I so want to do this!!!

So does a team entry consist of 2 people? if you have a mechanic that would like to join how does that work?(he will not ride but spanner after hours)

jis this looks like a great race...Mr Nature you had me at mankele bushtunnels. Now to convince swambo that I MUST do this one.

The elevation difference between the start and finish is 1000meters!!! THIS excites me. :w00t:

Only 1000 meters, so it's all flat!! Not (MPUMALANGA), I don't thinks so. Can't wait for the climbs & decsents! :nuke:

Entry sent .... now to loose that pesky 10kg and gain those climbing legs! :eek:

Ye, despite the climbs, you don't wanna give away all the weight advantage for them downhills. My theory; Eat like a pig and wing it!

Ye, despite the climbs, you don't wanna give away all the weight advantage for them downhills. My theory; Eat like a pig and wing it!

Like your style!! :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

We have entered and paid our deposit. :D

Still lots of time to train and many races to ride before April 2013.