Bike set-up in Cape Town?

Dave Fair

Can anyone recommend a great MTB setup experience in Cape Town, either S.Suburbs or city centre? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Can anyone recommend a great MTB setup experience in Cape Town, either S.Suburbs or city centre? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Try Renay Groustra. He's a pro XC rider who does the Science to Sport (Dr. Jeroen Swart) Ergofit setup out of the Epic Bike shop in Plumstead.

renaygroustra@yahoo.com

I think Olympic Cycles and CycleLab also do the Ergofit, or you could try to get an appointment at the Sports Science Institute too.

Have a look at www.daisyway.co.za for another alternative.

Try Renay Groustra. He's a pro XC rider who does the Science to Sport (Dr. Jeroen Swart) Ergofit setup out of the Epic Bike shop in Plumstead.

renaygroustra@yahoo.com

+1 for Renay & ErgoFit / ErgoMax

or go straight to the source and try & get an appointment with Dr Swart @ SSISA in Newlands

Edited by splat

Trail and Tar in Tokai do the BG Fit

Cyclelab do bike setups, but am not sure which system they use.

Olympic does BG Fit, ErgoFit & ErgoMax

Dave, you can't go wrong with any of the Ergofit system guys - and there's some good options in your area, as mentioned above.

Splat, though I agree with you - Renay is just more often than not more readily available (you can get an appointment on shorter notice).

I paid under 400 rand.

Under R400 is really cheap.!

I'd say expect to pay R500 - R1000 depending on the extent of the service provided.

Check out Trail & Tar in Tokai they have a lady doing BG setup, heard only good things about the service.

Debbie Stopforth - she'll give you expert, honest and practical setup advise.

I've been looking at the pro's and cons of the two options for a while, the BG option seems more thorough and personalised ? Or do I just wait for a retul system to open in CT ?

+1 for Renay & ErgoFit / ErgoMax

or go straight to the source and try & get an appointment with Dr Swart @ SSISA in Newlands

He's a bit more expensive though......

• 3 months later...

Hi, I had my bike setup done at Trail and Tar in Tokai with Debbie. All I can say is WOW.

Debbie Stopforth

BG Fit Bike Fitter/Technician

082 371 3372

E-mail:bikefitter@l-m-c.co.za

- Dynamic Road, MTB and Spin Bike set up

- Cycling accessories

- Coaching