Lawyer needed urgently !!!

Rookie101

Is there maybe a lawyer on the hub that will be able to help me with a bloke who is owing me R10,000 and does not pay it back?

The criminal lives in Pta and me in Stellenbosch
Rookie1012008-01-15 00:58:06

There is a guy with 28 inch biceps in Vanderbijlpark.

not sure if he's a lawyer but he could probably get your moneyLOL

UH-HUH - his name is "Wouter" and I think 28"?????.....hmm, bit bigger than that Wolverine, a bit bigger.Big%20smile

No, he is not a lawyer.

Yes, he is a "debt collecter".

My suggestion is deal with your local attorney and let him correspond with a Pretoria based attorney who will issue summons etc.

It will make your life simpler in the long run.

You're right Widget, the standard legal route is the correct one, but getting the other dude to break some bones seems more funBig%20smile 

My suggestion is deal with your local attorney and let him correspond with a Pretoria based attorney who will issue summons etc.

In my experience lawyer = criminal, your R10K will be gone in no time with two lawyers involved. Be very, very sure you can win with costs as well as check that the guy who owes you either has the means to pay up or sufficient assets in his name to seize and auction  before entering into legal action. Remember irrespective of if the guy pays up or not the lawyers are going to want their pound of flesh.

Good luck.

There is a guy with 28 inch biceps in Vanderbijlpark.

not sure if he's a lawyer but he could probably get your moneyLOL

Ag that okes a woose!!!  He just gyms the whole day.  I know of a Diesel Mac in Vanderbijl, that oke is WOES!  He chromes his chain for fights.
ewep2008-01-15 01:32:46

In my experience lawyer = criminal' date=' your R10K will be gone in no time with two lawyers involved. Be very, very sure you can win with costs as well as check that the guy who owes you either has the means to pay up or sufficient assets in his name to seize and auction  before entering into legal action. Remember irrespective of if the guy pays up or not the lawyers are going to want their pound of flesh.

Good luck.

[/quote']

Wise words. I took my previous employer to the CCMA, and won a nice R12k settlement. Too bad my lawyer fees amounted to about R9000... Sharks, they don't care for you. They care to draw the case out as long as possible to milk you for everything you are worth.

True MS,..................!!

..............unfortunately most people know its seldom worth litigating for R10,000.00 and chance it, so sometimes you have to call the bluff.

Besides, if you win the case, he would bear the costs of litigation anyway.

Ok all the info and still no one who can get me a lawyers no?

I have been battling since Nov last year and he already sold my goods he bought from me to someone else.........

Ok all the info and still no one who can get me a lawyers no?

There is a message here; none of us can recommend a lawyer, even though we all seem to have used one at some stage or other.

Q. Why do sharks not attack lawyers?

A. Professional courtesy.

Q. What do you call 10,000 lawyers buried up to their necks in sand?

A. Not enough sand.

The dude in VDBJL is a woes,but I do have his number if you want it!! I've used him to get rid of tenants I didnt want...Just speak slowly to him!!

The dude in VDBJL is a woes' date='but I do have his number if you want it!! I've used him to get rid of tenants I didnt want...Just speak slowly to him!![/quote']

Big%20smileBig%20smile - If you are talking about Wouter, yes, I agree.

Dont know the other fella Ewep mentioned. 

If you want to you can go to www.northernlaw.co.za and look under find an attorney locally.

My advice remains this - You really need to speak to an attorney locally, and give him all the info, in my opinion there are jurisdiction issues involved here, in other words you cant necessarily go direct to an attorney in Pretoria or anywhere,you may need to use a correspondant, a lot of the case depends on where the invoice was drawn and sent, where the goods were delivered, where the transaction took place etc.

Why not get on a plane, and go there yourself? If he touches you, lay a charge and make it very difficult.

Lawyers are gonna cost you a lot, and maybe he is just taking a liberty because you are so far away?!

But the legal way, albeit the best way, is gonna cost you dearly...

Why not get on a plane' date=' and go there yourself? If he touches you, lay a charge and make it very difficult.

Lawyers are gonna cost you a lot, and maybe he is just taking a liberty because you are so far away?!

But the legal way, albeit the best way, is gonna cost you dearly...[/quote']

Or get on a plane, meet the guy from V-town at the airport and go and collect your money. I think this is the option I'd take.