Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

ok well I will have to go to and cycle at the gym this weekend as pay day is still a week and a bit away and I need to get my bike serviced and sorted out for next week ends meal on wheels 45km.....

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well I will have to go to and cycle at the gym this weekend as pay day is still a week and a bit away and I need to get my bike serviced and sorted out for next week ends meal on wheels 45km..... :unsure:

Some great riding this weekend!

Thanks to Cav for the good ride at fountains and groenkloof. Wow, fountains is lots of fun! Luckily I walked the place he broke his arm ;)

See you guys on Saturday for the Rhino race at VG!

Some great riding this weekend!

Thanks to Cav for the good ride at fountains and groenkloof. Wow, fountains is lots of fun! Luckily I walked the place he broke his arm ;)

See you guys on Saturday for the Rhino race at VG!

When were you at groenkloof?

I went riding there yesterday for the first time, love groenkloof, awesome ride!!!!

shame man, how did he broke his arm? :thumbdown:

How was your ride on Spruit yesterday? Saw you only in passing.

Yeah saw you and slick et partners :) Was very relaxed. I went with a girl who just started riding... so we only got up to Botanical gardens and then came back. But Dropped her at fratellis and then went the other way. Some nice hill climbing at the power station!

How was the ride?

When were you at groenkloof?

I went riding there yesterday for the first time, love groenkloof, awesome ride!!!!

shame man, how did he broke his arm? :thumbdown:

Went on Saturday morning. Was my first time at Fountains. Lots of fun with some great technical.

Ask Cav, he'll be able to tell you properly. He went over the handlebars over a drop off at a very technical part.

How was the ride? Groenkloof is a great ride

Went on Saturday morning. Was my first time at Fountains. Lots of fun with some great technical.

Ask Cav, he'll be able to tell you properly. He went over the handlebars over a drop off at a very technical part.

How was the ride? Groenkloof is a great ride

Ride was awesome!!! loved every second of it, battled at a few places, but was fabulous!! :)

Yeah saw you and slick et partners :) Was very relaxed. I went with a girl who just started riding... so we only got up to Botanical gardens and then came back. But Dropped her at fratellis and then went the other way. Some nice hill climbing at the power station!

How was the ride?

Very good. Conditions on the spruit was just perfect for a morning ride. We ended doing about 25km going around to Alberts and doing the climb and downhill from the koppie and back to Fratelli's

Wanted to add in the Delta climb at the end but my back was starting to hurt a bit.

Just confirmed again that rigid 29er can indeed fly. :clap: that is a story for another day :D

We had an excellent easy ride up through Emmerentia and around the top of Alberts, back through Emmerentia and back to Fratelli. The newbs seemed to enjoy it and did some things for the first time like steep rocky descents and narrow sleeper Bridges. Was good.

The steep drop just before the river crossing? Or one of the two short steep rocky sections?

The steep drop just before the river crossing? Or one of the two short steep rocky sections?

Glad you guys had a good time!

I think that's the place. Basically it's a steep drop that's "V" shaped. You can take the left or the right path. In the middle there is a big sharp rock with quite a sharp drop below.

No support for fellow hubbers at the 12hr enduro?

I saw you once - just as you were doing that last technical bit a few hundred metres from the finish. We waited but you didn't come past so you must have gone straight to base camp before completing the lap.

Unfortunately we had to leave. Pity, because I was ready to jump out and shout "Karma is a beeeatch" :lol:

To the other hubbers that did the 12 hour this past Saturday, how did you find the route? Was I the only one that found the route to be fairly tough?

I saw you once - just as you were doing that last technical bit a few hundred metres from the finish. We waited but you didn't come past so you must have gone straight to base camp before completing the lap.

Unfortunately we had to leave. Pity, because I was ready to jump out and shout "Karma is a beeeatch" :lol:

Sh.....Caught out...yes I'm guilty, went to camp straight after laps, then resumed from there.