flashing lights.

Gravity

It's actually dangerous, imho. It disorients the driver, rather than calling his attention to you. Yes, it makes the light more noticeable, but at the expense of the drivers' vision and spatial awareness. Just turn the light onto Strobe function and turn it around so that you are looking into it and you'll see why it's not only stupid, but dangerous to use on the road. Especially at night / low light situations.

If you ride infront the red strobe light will not have a effect on you. :whistling:

i am a lonewolf so i do not have this problem.

I dislike the flashing lights, front or rear.

Riding behind a red blinkie is as bad as riding behind somebody with no mudguards in the rain.

The guys who ride with a front blinkie seem to be using equipment either

1. nuclear deterrent grade, capable of frying your retina instantly or causing Taser-like discombobulation;

2. 0,0001 nanowatt output or nearly expired batteries. They're so dim they seem to be several kilometres away even when they're about to ride into you.

If you want to be traffic, just get a decent light so you can see and be seen, without confusing those oh so easily confusable motorists.

Edited by pbp2007

I'm with wannabe on this. If I need the light for my own vision of what's in front of me, I have it on steady. As soon as it is light enough for me to see the road and or conditions in low light conditions, I face the light at 45 degrees and put it on strobe. I feel more comfortable having motorists know that I am a bicycle than confuse me for another motorised vehicle.

I'm with wannabe on this. If I need the light for my own vision of what's in front of me, I have it on steady. As soon as it is light enough for me to see the road and or conditions in low light conditions, I face the light at 45 degrees and put it on strobe. I feel more comfortable having motorists know that I am a bicycle than confuse me for another motorised vehicle.

ja, doff thing is some motorists are so blind/daydreaming they dont even see a deathray or my SUPER lumo yellow jacketshell.

i remember some **** nearly took me out to drive into a mcdonalds drive through.

i pulled up next to his window (after cleaning my bibs out) and asked him if my top was bright, he looked at me all surprised, and said "Yes it is bright" to which i shouted "well then why the *^(# didnt you stop (i had right of way)" and cycled away in a huff.

anyway pointless post, just wanted to share it, coz i am bored, thankfully my boss doesnt cycle.

ja, doff thing is some motorists are so blind/daydreaming they dont even see a deathray or my SUPER lumo yellow jacketshell. i remember some **** nearly took me out to drive into a mcdonalds drive through. i pulled up next to his window (after cleaning my bibs out) and asked him if my top was bright, he looked at me all surprised, and said "Yes it is bright" to which i shouted "well then why the *^(# didnt you stop (i had right of way)" and cycled away in a huff. anyway pointless post, just wanted to share it, coz i am bored, thankfully my boss doesnt cycle.

I normally just let it go, I let karma do my laundry.

ja, doff thing is some motorists are so blind/daydreaming they dont even see a deathray or my SUPER lumo yellow jacketshell.

i remember some **** nearly took me out to drive into a mcdonalds drive through.

i pulled up next to his window (after cleaning my bibs out) and asked him if my top was bright, he looked at me all surprised, and said "Yes it is bright" to which i shouted "well then why the *^(# didnt you stop (i had right of way)" and cycled away in a huff.

anyway pointless post, just wanted to share it, coz i am bored, thankfully my boss doesnt cycle.

Rode alongside a chop down main road yesterday in his low rider old school A3 with pseudo supercar low bucket seats (barely looking over the dash), big alloys and tree trunk exhaust tip.... We know this crew with their flat rim baseball cap who only drive about as twins with his side kick in similar dress, right. I'm expecting anything. Riding super alert, holding pace with traffic doing roughly 35kays. I make sure he sees me by whistling. He nods. 200m later he swings wildly to the left into a section of open parking bays. Did both brake full lock, sideways slide towards pavement having to hop onto it with my road bike! Yes I was shouting all the time. Instantly improved my understanding of the French language! He just shrugged.........

Hope Karma puts a hole in the head of his Audi's engine, he breaks all his rims and a cat takes a dump on his fancy bucket seats and pisses all over the inside his car!!

Edited by Tubehunter

We use the lights on constant when we do our night rides (MTB).

We use the strobe function if someone has a mechanical / moered off

to let the people up front know something's up so that they can either wait

till all is well or turn back & go help

I dunno what this traffic thing is that you ou's are talking about, we don't have that in the

bush but I can imagine how we would eat s#it on the singletrack with the light constantly on disco mode