Potgieter Trophy - KZN

bobbie

Andrew BellLicensed85kmMElite5002:06:1983
Robert BellLicensed85kmMVET 50-5941303:41:3614625

AndrewBell congratulations!  Gosh you did so well.  Respect man!LOLLOL

But ....  what happened to dad?  And who was that dude that was riding with him, I could have sworn it was you.ConfusedConfused 

Potgieter Trophy was hectic, tough and a huge challenge!  Andrew and his dad decided to ride with my boss and the bobster.  And boy did we suffer (the boss and I). 

but like true gentlemen, the Bell men waited for us near the finish so we all finished together....

the results tell a different story...LOLLOL (I bet dad isn't amused)

thanks again you two, I could not believe it when I saw you two waiting for us.  true sportsmen!

No problem. Was good to finish, hated the last hills. Timeing seems to be a issue though.

Think this will effect my seeding for the yearLOL

well done Andrew . Pity it was timed by championchip or winningtime .

Was the route better than the Sezela one ?

was timed by elitetimeing.  Have not done the Sezela, so can't say. was to cato ridge,camperdown, hammasdale and back to cato ridge andrewbell2008-01-15 07:27:29

you forgot to mention the fact that it was sheer hell for some of us every km of the way hahaDead

and when we eventually arrived at the finish line,Cry

the timers asked us what our race numbers were....Unhappy.

now I ask you....

I could hardly stay on top of my bike at that stage,

i could barely remember my own name...Dead

i could not even speak, and believe me, thats a miracle!!

barely balancing on my bike i managed to straighten out my race number so my partner could read it and shout it to the timers as we struggled along to the safety of our cars.... 

but to the organisers a big thank you, the marshalls were great, the guys manning the water tables made me laugh even though I was convinced my sense of humour had been left at the start, and they were ready to give us whatever refreshments we required....

today I am enjoying remembering the race - and can proudly say that I made it!!  very late in the day but still.....  Approve

From what i remember that was only after you cycled the route for the second time.

But the last hills were hell.  Pure torture at its best, at least i know what to expect in France, 3 hrs like the last hill up to the inchanga T.Dead