merlincycles - rockshox revelation

DubbelBuys

Hi hubbers,

Saw this fork & thought to myself it's a pretty decent buy:

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/2012-rockshox-revelation-rlt-15mm-axle.html

Just wondered if any of you have bought from merlin previously & what were the import taxes (in % please) on your purchases.

Also checking out their wheel sets as it might be a whole lot cheaper than in SA.

Thanx.

Jacques

Hi hubbers,

Saw this fork & thought to myself it's a pretty decent buy:

http://www.merlincyc...-15mm-axle.html

Just wondered if any of you have bought from merlin previously & what were the import taxes (in % please) on your purchases.

Also checking out their wheel sets as it might be a whole lot cheaper than in SA.

Thanx.

Jacques

I have just bought a groupset from them after following a banner advert on this site. Ordered it on Friday and it was delivered to my office yesterday afternoon which I was pretty impressed by. Had to pay VAT and a R100 clearing fee and that was it. Bike parts don't get any import duty.

Hey Jacques, I ALMOST bought a revelation from them. Very decent prices indeed, and they are a well known UK retailer.

Import taxes would be VAT + 10%, so add 15.4% to the total ZAR amount of the order (incl shipping) to get the amount you would have to pay to land it here.

It's listed as Bike Spares / Parts which are a non-dutiable item. They just add 10% to the value when calculating VAT.

Whole bikes are 30% (IIRC)

So around the 3.3K mark shipped ... not bad, then add 14% V.A.T = R3762, so round off to R3800.00 ... sounds like a good deal!

Sub-total £:283.29

Online Sale - Save an Extra 10% (£283.29 @ 10%) £:-28.33

Carriage to South Africa via TNT Economy 4-8 Days [Change] £:0.00

Total £:254.96

254.00 GBP = 3,251.57 ZAR British Pound South African Rand 1 GBP = 12.8015 ZAR 1 ZAR = 0.0781161 GBP

Convert againhttp://www.xe.com/gen/charts/images/small/ZARGBP.pngView Chart

So around the 3.3K mark shipped ... not bad, then add 14% V.A.T = R3762, so round off to R3800.00 ... sounds like a good deal!

Sub-total £:283.29

Online Sale - Save an Extra 10% (£283.29 @ 10%) £:-28.33

Carriage to South Africa via TNT Economy 4-8 Days [Change] £:0.00

Total £:254.96

254.00 GBP = 3,251.57 ZAR British Pound South African Rand 1 GBP = 12.8015 ZAR 1 ZAR = 0.0781161 GBP

Convert againhttp://www.xe.com/gen/charts/images/small/ZARGBP.pngView Chart

You have no idea how close I was to pulling the trigger on a Revelation. Got it locally for a better price though. 2010 version, but still - dual air u turn 120/150mm Revelation TEAM (Same as RLT - Ti)

You have no idea how close I was to pulling the trigger on a Revelation. Got it locally for a better price though. 2010 version, but still - dual air u turn 120/150mm Revelation TEAM (Same as RLT - Ti)

Well I know where your old Reba has now gone to and I know she has found a good home!

Well I know where your old Reba has now gone to and I know she has found a good home!

Yeah. Jacques got a helluva good deal there. Could have sold it for a bit more, and off-set the Revelation by a bit more as well! But hey, I'm not a Cajee oke (see what I did there!? Hey? Hey? Ok, nevermind...)

Thanx for those replies guys!

Will 'go for it' soon I guess. Just need to check out all the nice things they have before checking out...

This will be for a from the ground up Shova ST!

Any links, ideas specials will be appreciated!

Thanx for those replies guys!

Will 'go for it' soon I guess. Just need to check out all the nice things they have before checking out...

This will be for a from the ground up Shova ST!

Any links, ideas specials will be appreciated!

If you're going for the 15mm QR version, remember to get hubs that are compatible (Hope pro 2 etc) and the adapters that fit.

have just ordered a 29er shock from them...will keep you posted when delivery happens! rate on my cc was 13.1 to the pound

PLease do as I'm gonna be VERY poor after my shova build, so every few rands that could be saved would be great!

my shock was delivered to my office this morning. the extras were 540 vat and 100 fees. total cost 4096

VERY good price for an awesome fork. And it really is an awesome fork. LOVING mine...

my shock was delivered to my office this morning. the extras were 540 vat and 100 fees. total cost 4096

So if I'm not mistaken your shock was around 265 GBP when checking out? Which shock did you get?