Drifting Trikes

Caerus

Didn't want to risk messing up the Chuck Taylors!!

Hahahahahaha! So, I shouldn't wear the skinny jeans either… :whistling:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bakkie is needed to get to the top of the hills and to transport the things, we will have three possibly four once we have all built them. It will be kind of like the gravity/ downhillers, ride down and lift back up :thumbup:

Hahahahahaha! So, I shouldn't wear the skinny jeans either… :whistling:

The skinny jeans are permitted only if you arrive with the drift trike attached to your fixie...

The bakkie is needed to get to the top of the hills and to transport the things, we will have three possibly four once we have all built them. It will be kind of like the gravity/ downhillers, ride down and lift back up :thumbup:

You can use a tow rope for that if you don't have a bakkie.

What is the idea behing the front cranks? I don't plan on pedaling that thing anywhere.

The skinny jeans are permitted only if you arrive with the drift trike attached to your fixie...

You can use a tow rope for that if you don't have a bakkie.

What is the idea behing the front cranks? I don't plan on pedaling that thing anywhere.

I think that they are purely fdor resting your feet somewhere, then again I posted a pic of a hub that is especially for the drifting trikes.

I think that they are purely fdor resting your feet somewhere, then again I posted a pic of a hub that is especially for the drifting trikes.

I know why they are there. It's going to be a LONG run with nowhere to put your feet... I am questioning why you would need to pedal it...? Surely it would be a lot easier to use BMX pegs on a std front wheel and let gravity do all the work?

Somewhere on that other thread is a link to a forum, where there's a very simple (ie, even I could follow it) to do a homemade hub.

I am thinking of building mine form scratch. I will use a bmx for and handles, as well as the front wheels. Where or what wheels would I use for the rear?

I am thinking of building mine form scratch. I will use a bmx for and handles, as well as the front wheels. Where or what wheels would I use for the rear?

You can use pneumatic wheels

caerus there are a few guys that hit inanda hills regularly now. 4 or 5 guys with home built trikes

I've just copied this from the Facebook page I meantioned earlier, its from a chat I had with the one of the guys there. If you can get some cheap go-kart wheels, they are the bomb, otherwise this seems a better option. You can go solid PVC rod, milled out and have bearing inserted, the problem here is they don't roll nicely and are extremly noisy.

I would say, steel is much better. Aluminium is too expensive, the welding's going to be a nightmare as well. Thus far we haven't used go kart wheels, because we built our trikes on a budget. The best option we found was the Pneumatic wheels. There's 2 sizes that's perfect for a trike. One has a nylon hub and other has metal hub.

I found that the 250mm tire diameter works best. 250mm diameter PVC fits like a glove over that. this is the best inexpensive option I would say.

Sunday at 17:55

I know of two places selling them.

Castor King. Have a look on ther site for more details:

http://castorking.co.za/contact-us/

Western Cape Bearings is also a place where you can buy it. I couldn't find a Website of them specifically but here's a listing with their details:

http://www.brabys.com/business/4998648/south-africa/western-cape/brackenfell/nikkel-st/bearings-seals/west-cape-bearings-transmission

I'm wondering if it's the same guys that did the skate comp last week. I'll try find out, thanks for the heads up though. :thumbup: .

Saw drift trikes actually being sold at Toys r Us. Not that one that sells stuff here. I dnt know if any of us would fit in them. R1100. Similiar setup to what has been discussed here. Kids have all the fun.