Group Ride From Radiokop

graham cube

Hi All

So with the Berg and Bush a mere 10 weeks away, we have decided that it is time to get some training in. This is going to be a slowish ride. We are not race snakes at all. Overweight and unfit.

This is going to be a MTB ride. We are all chatty and like to enjoy the ride, NOT DIE going like hell. We are riding Sunday at 07:00 start.

We are going to ride from Radiokop to Ruimsig then do a bit of a route finding mission to get to Lanseria area. We can see from the air that there are hundreds of routes around there.

Does anyone know of routes out that way?

If anyone is keen to join us you are welcome.

Cheers

Graham

Hey Guys

We did not do the ride, did not hear the alarm go off. We did a ride to Ruimsig on Saturday morning which was mostly on the tar. We did the Spruit ride from Fratelli's to Paulshof then back to Vida on Sunday morning. All of our mates backed out of the ride and with only 2 of us riding decided to be careful.

We are keen to do the full ride again soon. Maybe this coming weekend.

Great, would like join sometime (this weekend is EPR race).Next time, post the starting point, with maybe a waypoint in Ruimsig, if you are heading this way.

Hi, I have a nice loop I ride. Starting from the sasol by the spar. Its about 30-40km depending on the route you take back. Let me know if you want to go.

I'm a bit of a veteran to the area, been riding the trails out here for 6 odd years now.

I do a group ride on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 16h00 - 18h00 30km+, on Saturdays we also like to do some exploring and try and pull a 50km+ ride through Muldersdrift. If you keen to take it easy or do a little technical we know it all.

You might have seen us in the Ignite kit if we passed you.

If anyone is keen we doing a ride tomorrow from Vintage street (off Nic Diedrichs) at 16h00. if you would like to join us for a beer afterwards you are more than welcome to park in my complex or meet me there.

Give me a call to arrange. Darren - 082 321 1261 (SMS or Call)

Hi Everyone

So we are doing a ride this coming Sunday. Start time is 7:00 and we will meet by the new Hogshead pub in Radiokop. We plan to ride to the Riumsig area then on to Kingskloof then home again. We will stop somewhere to have a coffee break. Nice slow pace, base miles needed now.

If you are keen let me know. Darren are you guys riding this coming Sunday ( 26th Aug )

Graham

082 805 0116

So my riding buddies have been sent a link to trailflow in modderfontein.

Anyone done this ride, any good and distances you can ride?

Cheers

Graham

Its quite bumpy at the moment but gets better every week. Some good singletrack and the new Red trail has a lot of potential

One lap is about 30 to 35km +-

Not a bad day out at all.

I'm a bit of a veteran to the area, been riding the trails out here for 6 odd years now.

I do a group ride on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 16h00 - 18h00 30km+, on Saturdays we also like to do some exploring and try and pull a 50km+ ride through Muldersdrift. If you keen to take it easy or do a little technical we know it all.

You might have seen us in the Ignite kit if we passed you.

If anyone is keen we doing a ride tomorrow from Vintage street (off Nic Diedrichs) at 16h00. if you would like to join us for a beer afterwards you are more than welcome to park in my complex or meet me there.

Give me a call to arrange. Darren - 082 321 1261 (SMS or Call)

Do you do any morning rides? During the week?

Edited by Lukep