Sundays River MTB Challenge

Azonic

UPDATE:

The organisers have just told me that they are offering free accomodation on the Friday night for out of town guys that want to make a weekend out of it. And no, not in tents, the local farmers are the folks living in town are opening their homes to the cyclists. And get this... on Friday night they're throwing a FREE braai for all the cyclists, chops, meat, free. Picture this, a whole bunch of MTBers chilling around a campfire in a small "plattelandse" dorpie, having a lekker kuier. Seriously guys, if you are anywhere in the Eastern Cape, come through on Friday after work and have a jol, and go to bed on a farm, well fed!

Remember to bring some cash though, on the day of the race the farmers will be selling meat, etc at the show grounds - at ridiculous prices. So leave enough space in the boot!

If you are in the Eastern Cape on Saturday 8th September and you own a MTB, come do this ride!

Saturday, 8 September 2012.

Jansenvill​e Show Grounds, 6265 Jansenvill​e, Eastern Cape

Race Start: 9:00am

ENTRY FEE: R100 (No pre-entries, no late entry fee bull)

Lucky draws include healthy packs of sosaties and other treats :thumbup:

I believe that the winner of the race will walk away with a sheep, no Bruce, not alive and sexy. "Worked and packaged".

There will be two distances, roughly 60km and a short race of around 15km.

The local farmers are trying to get their event off the ground and are throwing prizes at this. And these farmers don't mess around, if you win the race you go back home with an entire sheep's worth of meat. There are road races that don't even give prizes like that! That's how these guys roll !

The local community are really going out of their way to raise interest for this event, even offering free accomodation and food for the Friday night before the race to the first guys that confirm that they'll attend. The event falls on the same day as their yearly event at the show-grounds, so there will be stacks of food and drinks available. And trust me, your haven't had a boerie roll untill you've had a Jansenville boerie roll!

More info here: http://www.facebook....iverMTBMarathon

and here: http://www.facebook....21252011331615/

post-1965-0-38089400-1345538042.jpg

Route profile:

post-1965-0-35241100-1345538810.png

Please guys, make an effort and join! :clap:

Edited by Azonic

If you want to attend and make use of the free accomodation, please PM me, I have contacts with the organisers. First come, first served.

Damn, just a few weekends too early. I will be at Sundays over the last weekend of September for my mother in laws 60th. If it was over the time I was gonna be there I definitely would have brought my bike along.

Enjoy!!!

Yeah its pretty flat. There are a few steep sections though and it does get to you if you smack it hard.

waar skryf mens in vir die race

Op die dag by die race. Kan 'n pre-entry vir jou organise, maar nie juis nodig nie. Die mense is nie vol str0nt nie, hulle gaan jou nie laat "late entry fees" betaal nie. Registration begin 6:30. Dis 'n plaas race boet, manne met dik kouse!

Hey Vettie, ek dink ons sal as 'n famielie julle kom join vir 'n lekker dag uit saam die boere!

Sal baie lekker wees om julle daar te he! Bring net genoeg pak plek vir al die braaipakke en ander snacks wat julle gaan koop! Dit is seriously give-away pryse vir vleis etc. Ek het laasjaar soveel quality vleis gewen ek moes twee keer kar toe loop om dit te laai.

hi hi en hoeveel kos die inskrywing vir die 60km

R100.

Ek het nou met die organisers gepraat. Lees die eerste post vir updates. Gaan hom nou update.