New MTB route near Heldervue?

Karakoram

Yesterday afternoon I found newly attached route markers in the vineyards behind the Firgrove waterworks. Does anybody have any idea if this is a new MTB route?

The Wannabees Cycling club have marked a route on the other side of the R44, perhaps this is an extension of the original route? Unfortunately there are no details on the club's website.

More information would be appreciated.

post-19702-0-66131300-1345786154.jpg

Wat soek jy daar op die boer se plaas??? Hy gaan jou op***...

:eek:

He he he...laat weet my ook as jy uitvind...

Those are the same "style" markers as on the Longridge side...my guess is an extension of the route. It's a pity they could not extend from Longridge via the farms to the Helderberg trails as you would then have a great link between SSW and Stellies.

Those are the same "style" markers as on the Longridge side...my guess is an extension of the route. It's a pity they could not extend from Longridge via the farms to the Helderberg trails as you would then have a great link between SSW and Stellies.

Aaah, Ok, makes more sense now.

I'm sure that "extension" is on the cards...sooon.

Will be a great route when completed/ open.

Wat soek jy daar op die boer se plaas??? Hy gaan jou op***...

:eek:

He he he...laat weet my ook as jy uitvind...

Ek het al met een van die boere in die omgewing gesels en hy het nie 'n probleem met fietsryers in sy wingerde nie. Ander het onlangs kettings oor die paaitjies gespan, hopelik eerder om vreemde motors uit te hou. Dit sal egter beter wees om 'amptelik' daar te kan ry.

Ek ry feitlik elke middag in die omgewing en geniet die omgewing geweldig baie. Daar is altyd iets anders aan te gebeure om elke die rit uniek te maak. Soms sorg die plaaswerkers vir 'n baie humoristiese oomblik. Nou die dag vat ek 'n lang bult en twee plaas anties sit en rook op 'n stomp in die sonnetjie. Die een skuif haar sigret eenkant toe en deur 'n blou rookdamp skreeu sy vir my: 'Gooi, pappie, gooi. Die bult lê nog vêr!' Ek gooi toe mooi, want my 'move's word fyn dopgehou.

Ek het 'n email aan die Wannabees klub gestuur en hoop om binnekort meer inligting te bekom.

Looks like an extension to the Helderberg mtb route, where is the startpoint?

That's what I am trying to find out too. Some of the directional signage featured emergency contact numbers (standard 1011 contact details) and I also saw other directional arrows featuring green arrows. Seems like two routes have been marked, a yellow and a green loop.

We are going to check these routes out this weekend. Apparently they start from the dirt road just after Eikendal (Somerset west side). I will post again on Monday

We are going to check these routes out this weekend. Apparently they start from the dirt road just after Eikendal (Somerset west side). I will post again on Monday

Found this on Wannabee Buzz # 248: (http://wannabteam.co.za/w/p5863/)

'Help Wanted

We will be marking the western side of the Helderberg MTB route on Saturday 18th August from 14:00 onwards. Please drop me a mail if you can assist.'

This must be the extension of the Helderberg MTB route.

kewl! gan iemand 'n route map opsit as dit klaar is?

sal nice wees vir 'n na werk ride..

Ek het so pas bevestiging gekry dat dit 'n uitbreiding van die Helderberg roete is, maar dit is tans nog werk in proses.

Just received confirmation that it is an extension of the Wannabees Helderberg MTB route. Still work in progress but permissions to ride from the N2, to Croydon to Annandale have been obtained and various routes are being marked out. I've volunteered to assist to establish the route. It is backyard territory for me and would be happy to help out.

I was delighted to hear that the new MTB route will start at a vineyard right next to where I live. How cool is that! Volunteering to help landed me a task to assist clearing a servitude linking Somerset West Old Main Road to Steyns Rust road of broken branches caused by a storm a week ago, only to find an even bigger tree uprooted during Friday night's storm right at the starting point. This gave me an insight into some of the obstacles trail building pioneers have to overcome. It is a labour of love. As soon as enough of the trail has been marked, the club will publish more info on http://wannabees.co.za/

Below is my bike at the start of the green loop up to the Vodacom tower and back, the yellow route is to Lyngrove, near Raithby:

post-19702-0-97745700-1346003146.jpg

Mooi man!!

Sal graag saam met jou (julle) op 'n dag daar wil gaan ry...

Wat van 'n S-wes hubride?? Catgirl / Slowbee/ cassie XTC1 / en vele meer!!

Dan hou ons sommer aan triggerfish toe sodat slowbee vir my 'n bier kan koop!! :drool: :thumbup:

Mooi man!!

Sal graag saam met jou (julle) op 'n dag daar wil gaan ry...

Wat van 'n S-wes hubride?? Catgirl / Slowbee/ cassie XTC1 / en vele meer!!

Dan hou ons sommer aan triggerfish toe sodat slowbee vir my 'n bier kan koop!! :drool: :thumbup:

sounds cool... im keen