Ride the Rhino 2012

Big JD

Anyone done this 3 day stage race before? I am considering riding this year but have heard mixed reviews about the route. Anyone have any pearls of wisdom?

Cheers.

Have done the first two and is riding again this year. Year 1 had too much sand, but that was sorted out last year. There are still a few sandy patches, but nothing serious. They are tweaking the route every year to sort out problem areas.

Don't expect much single track - most of the single track is on the last day when you do sections of the Tygerberg trails just before the finish.

Organisation of the race is excellent - good food, water points, etc.

It is not the Sani or the W2W as far as the route and single track is concerned, but I will recommend it as a race to do.

I agree, its getting better each year. Also done the first 2, but without a partner this year. Anyone keen to team up.

To give you an idea of fitness levels, Came 11th in Rhino last year and 15th overal in Sani2C adventure.

Pedal Power A-seeded.? LEt me know if you are interested.