Cyclo-core

word

I have somehow landed up on Graeme Steets emailing list and keep getting emails about Cyclo-core.

Has anybody bought these dvd's? What is it all about? Anybody trying it?

PM if you have/are as I would like to find out more about it.

Thanks

Graeme Street goes very deep when you listen to his training techniques. I have downloded all his pdf'S and video samples, and it's aimed at the pro cyclist who has 6 hours a day to train.

I was on a quest last year to find a training programme that would be a lot more scientific than just going out and beating the pedals. almost all of the Yankee coaches use spin doctors to try sell their products by telling you how good they are and how much you will improve. But when you consider what they charge, tou will need a spnser to afford it.

I eventually, and after checking out the TACX website settled for a TACX flow trainer @ R 2 500.00. I downloded all their training schedules in PDF for free off the website, and use their online fitness tests also free, to monitor my progress. I have also put some questions to their online coaches who have been happy to answer them for free when you tell them you invested in one of their trainers.

I also purchased "the cyclists training bible" which is very technical but interesting reading and you can use a lot of their ideas in your trianing regime.

Stay away from online coaches they cost the earth and add no value other than a lot of banter

Stay away from online coaches they cost the earth and add no value other than a lot of banter

I have no experience of GraemeStreet, but think the warning to stay away from online coaches, is maybe a little bit of a sweeping observation. My experience of our local online coaches, specifically bruce and Bikemax, is exactly the opposite. They don't cost the earth and they add enormous value.

I have no experience of GraemeStreet' date=' but think the warning to stay away from online coaches, is maybe a little bit of a sweeping observation. My experience of our local online coaches, specifically bruce and Bikemax, is exactly the opposite. They don't cost the earth and they add enormous value.
[/quote']

My comment was actually directed towards american online coaches. this I should have pointed out when making the comment "My humble aplogies to our SA online coaches"Embarrassed

I've bought his Core strenght dvd & I'ts awesome...

It sounds like he knows what he's talking about...

So what is it and what is he talking about?

His whole philosophy is that if you have a strong core...U should be a strong cyclist...

Some of the exercises that I've done targets specific weaknesses in my cycling style...

His DVD's are very specific...U must decide what it is you want to achieve and go after the one that meets your needs...

I have no doubt he is a professional coach. But when he tells you to

" - imagine a ball of energy eminating from your pedals up into your core, and then focus on this energy in your core and eventually, it will feel as if your bike is lifting up on a cussion of air and floating up the hill. -"

WTF - that is far to deep for me & besides if i had to do all that imagening on my bike while hurting on a hill i would probably end up switching all the guys around me. With that type of banter he would do good as a spirtual coach

His whole philosophy is that if you have a strong core...U should be a strong cyclist...

Some of the exercises that I've done targets specific weaknesses in my cycling style...

His DVD's are very specific...U must decide what it is you want to achieve and go after the one that meets your needs...

But in my opinion you don't need an online coach in the states to do specific training.

Visit Sport Science institue in PTA (or any other sport lab) for evaluation & identify your weakness. (R 350 bucks) they give you a programme to improve that specific weakness/es

Then buy Mens Health ABS book @ CNA (50 bucks) use their core training at the back for 3 months.

you will be surprised at your improvement for a mere R 400.00

I agree with you on that...the choices are out there...decide which one you wanna follow & go with it...that's what I did...

Someone else might follow your advice...

At the end of the day we are here to help each other...

Hi there!

I am looking to buy a trainer but I am quite new to the world of cycling. I am looking at either the CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer or the Tacx Flow?

Could you maybe help me with the technical side of things as well as maybe help me to where I should buy it for the cheapest.

Thanks man!Smile

I bought alot of Graham Streets programs - infact before switching to BikeMax, I used Cyclo-core, Cyclo-speed and Cyclo-zen. I even have his program Cyclo-Fuel which has improved my eating considerably and I believe his programs are very good. What I like about them is that he gives you a 16 week program for instance and it gives you a very specific breakdown of exactly what to do on a day to day basis and why. His core training is really good - all you need is an exercise ball, dumbells and a mat. He also has indoor sessions one can do on a trainer...so yes I think most of what he does is pretty good and it keeps you focused. A good balance between the mental and physical aspect...and it is aimed at the everyday rider right up to the elite.