This country is sick

I used to also pit parents against each other...I once hit myself on the head with the back end of a screw driver and showed my mom the bump, telling her that it was my step dad that hit me on the head.... That poor dude didn't last long...he shouldn't have tried to take the place of my dad...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just showed it on eNAC.

They set that teacher up, I bet he was just at the end of his tether and snapped.

They set that teacher up, I bet he was just at the end of his tether and snapped.
Yeah, looks that way. Seems they knew something was going to happen. Did you even see that vid of the school bus monitor in US being taunted?

Edit: adding link

Edited by Tumbleweed

I only ever had to give ours one smack. It was instinctive. She was 7 and started throwing a tantrum at Northgate outside Panarotti. I caught her flat hand on the half volley. Not hard or sore. Just a quick shock and all was perfectly quiet.

Oh and for those who think that all you have to do is be a strict parent and all will be well. I have news for you. You can do everything perfectly and still sit with a problem. We know the strictest parents who now have the most rebellious children. Also know families where the parents gave up and let the kids do what they want (this happens a lot in the Northern suburbs).

What can I say. Ours goes to Critical Mass even if we don't, loves riding her fixie and MTB night rides and gyms instead of parties and clubs... Still, getting to this point has not been a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination.

corporal punishment can have positive and negative effects just depends how close to the line you go. Me, I am a believer in it and was raised that way. At school, i was *** scared of getting jacked and did get to appreciate it a few times as well as at home. I have 2 daughters and they know if they cross the line enough times they will get a smack - in the 11 years so far i have probably had to do it maybe 4 times. Some agree with that, some are very much against it - as i say i guess it relates to which side of that line you grew up on

I used to also pit parents against each other...I once hit myself on the head with the back end of a screw driver and showed my mom the bump, telling her that it was my step dad that hit me on the head.... That poor dude didn't last long...he shouldn't have tried to take the place of my dad...

http://i.qkme.me/3pyk8h.jpg

I only ever had to give ours one smack. It was instinctive. She was 7 and started throwing a tantrum at Northgate outside Panarotti. I caught her flat hand on the half volley. Not hard or sore. Just a quick shock and all was perfectly quiet.

Oh and for those who think that all you have to do is be a strict parent and all will be well. I have news for you. You can do everything perfectly and still sit with a problem. We know the strictest parents who now have the most rebellious children. Also know families where the parents gave up and let the kids do what they want (this happens a lot in the Northern suburbs).

What can I say. Ours goes to Critical Mass even if we don't, loves riding her fixie and MTB night rides and gyms instead of parties and clubs... Still, getting to this point has not been a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination.

Exactly my point, but some are saying its still the parents fault?

Yeah sure the Girls have the ability to know right from wrong, yet they still chose to drink. Why?

There are many reasons that stuff like this would happen and i don't think we can directly blame the girls. They are clearly looking for attention that they probably not getting at home for whatever reason.

Problems like these can be prevented with good Parenting. Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with a Happy Home.

Yeah sure the Girls have the ability to know right from wrong, yet they still chose to drink. Why?

There are many reasons that stuff like this would happen and i don't think we can directly blame the girls. They are clearly looking for attention that they probably not getting at home for whatever reason.

Problems like these can be prevented with good Parenting. Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with a Happy Home.

Based on commentary Azonic was one of the lucky view...his household is also perfect even now...

Based on commentary Azonic was one of the lucky view...his household is also perfect even now...

Actually, quite a good upbringing yeah! Discipline was awesome when I grew up, and today in my own household everything is great.

It is still a parents responsibility to raise their children to know right from wrong. The world doesn't need strict parents, the world needs Loving and caring parents. This way the kids don't find the need to seek attention in other places such as these two kids

When I was in standard 7, more than half the kids where regular drinkers. The fact that she is only 14 and drinking is certainly not uncommon. I'm sure she just thought she was a big girl now and knew what she was doing, big mistake and really sad.

It is still a parents responsibility to raise their children to know right from wrong. The world doesn't need strict parents, the world needs Loving and caring parents. This way the kids don't find the need to seek attention in other places such as these two kids

So you are saying that just because you raise you child to know right from wrong, in a loving home, they will always do the right thing and resist all types of peer pressure?

Actually, quite a good upbringing yeah! Discipline was awesome when I grew up, and today in my own household everything is great.

Your vindictive commentary attests the opposite...

So, I open News24 this morning and this is on the front page....

I haven't read it, and I don't think I want to...

http://www.news24.co...-video-20120906

Just shocked.

Think its society, not this (that) country.....

Society tolerates more stuff as normal, which just leads to making less acceptable behaviour more acceptable

But ja people today are so clever yet so dof, who the flip is stupid enough to film themselves doing something wrong?

When we were laatjies we probably did the same kind of stuff but we did everything we could not to get caught.