New tyres not keeping pressure

awesme

used soapy water...

but by the sounds, maybe not enough.

G

Did you remove the wax layer from the inside of the tire with some paraffin before installing them?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So had a quick look,

My tyres are Protection's.

G

Almost but here is my take on it

UST(Universal System Tubeless) is very heavy and yes bulletproof in most instances but the extra weight is just not worth it imo...its my second choice. They are all branded with UST and the manufacturers pay royalties(to mavic I think) to use this.

Protection...Snakeskin...Exo are brand specific wall enforcement for sidewall cuts but still lightweight compared to full UST tyres...sort of middle of the road...my first option. They still have the little holes on the sidewalls where air normally leaks from but sealant will doctor this

Tubeless ready just means that it can be converted with slime and strips...and has nothing to do with the sidewalls

Which model of race king or mountain king...you can get the same tyre that falls into three categories

UST

Protection

None

I'll take them both for half price??? :clap: :whistling:

Never had any problems with mine....

If Cassie doesn't buy them, I will! Hehe... Seriously, the Protection MKs are awesome. Running one up front on my Storm :thumbup: Much lighter than UST which is overweight, overpriced and overrated IMHO. If your MKs have "holey" sidewalls, add another half dose of Stan's. Pump the tyre. Get an empty bucket and lay the wheel down on the bucket taking care to get it level. Let it stay there for a few hours or overnight. Repeat for the other side.

I think you got MKs from a bad batch though - mine did not have any holes in the sidewalls at all... :huh:

Nah, I'll keep them, just gonna rewash them out on the inside, refit and get some km's on them, been booked of sick the last week so haven't been able to get on my bike :(

G