bike feels short

Cois

Have a funny problem on my new Scott. The bike feels very short. I am used to a XC bike, but the Scott Bouldee feels as though it will try to kill you and spit out only your bones...

I am thinking of fitting wider bars and rising the stem. Anything elae I can look for, or is it just to get used to the new setup. Will try to do a 30 km tomorrow morning to see if it was just nerves...

Oh, and I will move the sadle back a cm...

I think you need to stop with the guess work and get set up properly.

+1 costs R350 for ergo fit - well worth it

Go back to the shop you got it from and ask them to do a basic fit/ setup for you, which should really have been done when you took delivery of your bike, or alternatively go for a professional set-up(BG Fit or ErgoFit)

Have a funny problem on my new Scott. The bike feels very short.

I am thinking of fitting wider bars and rising the stem. Oh, and I will move the sadle back a cm...

Wider bars will give a longer reach.

A longer stem will too.

A "rising" stem will however have the opposite effect.

Fit is right. It was just about getting used to the bike. The Gary was a bit longer and as I am used to the F650GS it felt a bit short. Took the bike out yesterday morning, and bike setup was fine. It was just the operator who needed to get some of his guts back to attack and not stop and inspect...