So whats your Groenkloof ostrich attack story...

meerkat

Were you on the same Std 5 Cape Tour as I was? I remember an 'incident' at Oudtshoorn. Benoni West Primary...?

Hahahaha! No, I had moved to CBC Boskburg by that stage. I only did Std 2 at Benoni West. I live less about 500m from there now.

Its not a groenkloof story. but still pretty good!

I was staying at a very small game reserve in KZN near stanger 2 years ago when this happened......

the idiotic landowners had stocked the place with over 30 ostrich. of which only 2 were female (apparently male ostriches look prettier)! it was breeding season, so needless to say the boy ostriches were very aggressive and frustrated.

one poor honeymoon couple were cycling along this road that went along halfway up a very steep hillside when they were attacked by the male ostrich. valiant husband ran away to a handy bush and his poor wife got attacked!

the ostrich kicked her viciously, breaking her leg and her arm and cutting her badly, she then curled up into a foetal position to protect herself whereupon the ostrich sat on her! Distraught husband, having finally got the balls to get out of the bush and go back to look for his wife could not find her anywhere so he went back to the lodge to mount a search team, assuming that she had also run away and was now lost in the bush. they searched for about 2 hours before anyone thought to look under the male ostrich!

I cant imagine what that was like for that poor woman....

So you're sure he just "sat" on her then ????