Slow, Fun & Unfit - Northern Farms - 13 October 2012

DR ◣◢

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for only commenting now. I was down and out until about 08H00 this morning. :huh: I really hit the wall about 4 k's from the end. One should eat something before or during the ride.... :wacko:

Thanks everybody for the ride. It was a blast!!! Nice meeting you "Dudes".

I will see you at Breedsnek!! :thumbup:

Edited by Schwynn

I have learnt that eating lesson a few weeks ago.....and the carbs lesson as well. Now I start eating from about a hour into the ride and then nibble on something every 30-45 minutes. Oh, and drink plenty water...... :whistling:

Its true. When I was fixing my chain Wayne was chewing on my gloves.

Be sure to stand well clear of him when he gets hungry. Your ear might look appetizing too.

This Baumgardner oke baloon is about as big as my nut was this morning!! http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.png

:clap: :clap: really, am not laughing at your discomfort but at your very descriptive um... way of putting it! :huh:

Are you ok? Why didnt you say anything? Am sure one of the dudes would have helped push......

DUDES we need to retire this fred and start a knew wun

I think we gonna have a hard time doing that the way things are going!!

I know. That is why I put it out there. Ouchies either I pushed it too hard yesterday or that root garden did more damage than what I thought originally.

Ribs are in constant pain, bruises all over the place, a couple blood blisters, can barely eat or drink anything due to the sore tooth (trip to dentist me finks), and the list goes on

I know. That is why I put it out there. Ouchies either I pushed it too hard yesterday or that root garden did more damage than what I thought originally.

Ribs are in constant pain, bruises all over the place, a couple blood blisters, can barely eat or drink anything due to the sore tooth (trip to dentist me finks), and the list goes on

Jeez guy, I think you should take my accident-prone title over :mellow: and FYI I was nowhere near D.A.M when he crashed both times :unsure: :whistling:

Duuuuuuuuude...that avatar is like, really trippy man.

Eish, sorry to hear about the aches & pains. Hope you get over it soon.

I can empathise. The better half & I had a couples massage this afternoon - it started as a massage followed by a body scrub (with coarse salt) - was great until she got to the place where the teeth on the pedals had 'bitten' my shin yesterday. It was an eye-opener!

Oh my goodness. Are you sure you didnt crack one or two? Speedy recovery my friend. Got your sms about the 29er test. Will arrange something and let you know.

Eish, sorry to hear about the aches & pains. Hope you get over it soon.

I can empathise. The better half & I had a couples massage this afternoon - it started as a massage followed by a body scrub (with coarse salt) - was great until she got to the place where the teeth on the pedals had 'bitten' my shin yesterday. It was an eye-opener!

And I can empathize with you. Had a nice little pedal try to use my shin and punching bag today. Looks like i have two knees on my right leg. Also have a gash on the left shin in the shape of a seven or and L. Not sure.

This Baumgardner oke baloon is about as big as my nut was this morning!! :blink:

Im changing the name of the group to "The slow, fun, unit and accident prone"

I really want to tell you I hope the nut feels better but DUDES dont discuss other DUDE'S nuts. :o

Thanx for an awesome ride x2 on Saturday, was fantabulous, loved it...always great fun out with you guys :clap:

It was the best when i said bye to go for ride no 2 and everyone joined in :thumbup:

Mercia (SIL) really appreciated the help from all you guys, you are the best and she loved the ride though not in a good space at the moment, but was good for her to come out a bit and enjoy the fresh air and laughs with us!

I'm still a bit irritated with myself for not doing two technical bits which I thought i would not be able to do! Could someone slap me next time and make me do it please :ph34r: