Slow, Fun & Unfit - Northern Farms - 13 October 2012

DR ◣◢

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it safe to ride at Northern Farms alone? I'd like to join but I am seriously unfit and don't want to hold anyone up so would like to have the option to drop off and do my own thing if I can't keep up.

Is it safe to ride at Northern Farms alone? I'd like to join but I am seriously unfit and don't want to hold anyone up so would like to have the option to drop off and do my own thing if I can't keep up.

I think its safe, but i wont take the chance, thing is anything can happen and you don't want to take that chance.

The guys are really cool in the sense that they always wait for me....and trust me I'm the slowest of all of us here - hahahaha!

But they are all awesome and a great support system going there!

Hi Myra.

It is safe to ride alone but only from a "i wont get attacked" point of view. You can always get slightly lost in the lower sections and crash for example. If it's in the late morning early afternoon it might take a while before somebody finds you. By then the Wookies would have already eaten your toes.

You are welcome to join the rides.

Hi Myra.

It is safe to ride alone but only from a "i wont get attacked" point of view. You can always get slightly lost in the lower sections and crash for example. If it's in the late morning early afternoon it might take a while before somebody finds you. By then the Wookies would have already eaten your toes.

Agreed with SIR M.....and we don't want Wookies to eat our toes coz this means that they have to chew through our shoes first :eek:

I think its safe, but i wont take the chance, thing is anything can happen and you don't want to take that chance.

The guys are really cool in the sense that they always wait for me....and trust me I'm the slowest of all of us here - hahahaha!

But they are all awesome and a great support system going there!

Hi Myra.

In that case, I'd like to join you guys, please.

Perfect. Quickest I have ever filled up a group.

3 beautiful ladies and 7 burly blokes to help fix flat tyres and broken chains. (mostly my chain I know :()

You must enjoy, and stay away from the Wookies :whistling:

40km +-

Will try and get most of route 3 in before it gets too hot.

Okay, so not a great idea to send SIL out with you guys....lol...she wont make 40km.

mmmm, wonder if anyone is doing a slow 20km this weekend?! :mellow:

I want to do as much as I possibly can on Sunday, so that cant work for her either! :blush:

I'll see what I can do, maybe I'll do a quick Sunday morn with her and then the "hardcore" with the rest of the team on Sunday afternoon! :wacko:

ha ha! Trust me - when it comes to slow, it will be difficult to beat me ! and it helps having guys around to fix things! Looking SO forward to that ride sat! 40km is on my must do this weekend!

Agreed with SIR M.....and we don't want Wookies to eat our toes coz this means that they have to chew through our shoes first :eek:

And shoes are damn expensive these days :blink:

Edited by =Bones=

+1 what SIR said - don't risk being alone and getting hurt OR getting lost at Northerns if you don't know it.... its a BIG place... with lots of Wookies running around with the cows :w00t:

Perfect. Quickest I have ever filled up a group.

3 beautiful ladies and 7 burly blokes to help fix flat tyres and broken chains. (mostly my chain I know :()

Shoo - your groups are getting ever so popular, you must be doing something right ;)

Ps: why dont you just buy a new chain...or must we pass a helmut around for collection :whistling: