Slow, Potentially Fun & Unfit - Breedts Nek - 27 October 2012

DR ◣◢

More like, you do the crime, you play mechanic biggrin.png

Im ready for this one. Just need to change the rear tire on the bike. Need something less grippy biggrin.png

You sure you wanna do that? I heard the last section is very loose - maybe you want a bit of grip?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure you wanna do that? I heard the last section is very loose - maybe you want a bit of grip?

Id rather suffer for 10% than slog for 90%.

Thanks Mons,

I saw those directions, but it doesn't make much sense to me...

"From Jhb North, take the N1 South" Why? Will figure out a route when I'm home...

The reason I did that was to get everyone from the N1 onto Hendrik Potgieter, so if you live in Fourways (for example) and were taking the N1, you'd have to first head South to get off at 14th.... if that makes any sense. Obviously there are loads of other ways to get there..... if you know the area

oops.gif These are the directions posted on the last ride - I would also like the correct GPS co-ordinates as they dont seem to work in that format. Sorry about that - not sure about directons from your end of the world. I went via Van Gaalen the last time so never followed these directions. I just figured people used them? Will post correct GPS co-ordinates later - they are on a friends Nav system.

One of the ladies that did the last ride approached me and said that the GPS co-ords were "spot on"......... now I know very little about GPS (I'm still from the mapbook era), so not sure why it would be spot on for some and not others?

More like, you do the crime, you play mechanic biggrin.png

Im ready for this one. Just need to change the rear tire on the bike. Need something less grippy biggrin.png

I am still in the dark ages here blush.png ................I only got one set of evertything that came with the bike....if its too grippy or too loose I got no choices.......

You are fortunate to have collected a variety of options for yourself....I have to make do as it came from the LBS.....or spend much more money on options for myself..blink.png

We are now....you know how I hate cycling alone....... blink.png ( I dont appreciate my own sarcasim half as muchph34r.png ph34r.png )

Screw it, lets do this.

Will work out the logistics later. The fixie needs to go play in the city again. It's been too long.

I am still in the dark ages here blush.png ................I only got one set of evertything that came with the bike....if its too grippy or too loose I got no choices.......

You are fortunate to have collected a variety of options for yourself....I have to make do as it came from the LBS.....or spend much more money on options for myself..blink.png

Collected over many years and through lots of lucky breaks. Replaced the drivetrain on the bike last night for the first time since I bought the bike new. With the money saved over the years on careful maintenance and by some smart shopping I went from Deore/XT to XT/XTR which again will last a very long time with proper maintenance.

Screw it, lets do this.

Will work out the logistics later. The fixie needs to go play in the city again. It's been too long.

I like this!!!!! I thought I had lost you to the logical and careful side........welcome to the mad and reckless. clap.gif clap.gif (again!)

CM and then Breedts.....clap.gif clap.gifclap.gif Next you'll be playing golf with me on Sundays!!w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

One of the ladies that did the last ride approached me and said that the GPS co-ords were "spot on"......... now I know very little about GPS (I'm still from the mapbook era), so not sure why it would be spot on for some and not others?

Thanks nancy... will be great if you could join us even if it for a bit of the way! Think its just me being stoopid putting the co-ordinates in but luckily I have an idea from last time so should find it easily! See you sat!!

I like this!!!!! I thought I had lost you to the logical and careful side........welcome to the mad and reckless. clap.gif clap.gif (again!)

CM and then Breedts.....clap.gif clap.gifclap.gif Next you'll be playing golf with me on Sundays!!w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

NEVER!!!!

Ill be at NF on Sunday for a 100km recovery ride. tongue.png

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

The reason I did that was to get everyone from the N1 onto Hendrik Potgieter, so if you live in Fourways (for example) and were taking the N1, you'd have to first head South to get off at 14th.... if that makes any sense. Obviously there are loads of other ways to get there..... if you know the area

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for explaining. I get where you're coming from. Just didn't quite grasp the fact that I had to go south to get north blink.png

Will see what happens on Saturday - Might just get there via Bloem clap.gif