Slow, Potentially Fun & Unfit - Breedts Nek - 27 October 2012

DR ◣◢

Not at the moment.... but it's on the cards

Shucks, will have to pass then. Will have to take the road bike to Bela-Bela for the weekend. Child minding services available there :thumbup:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to join, please. Luckily there are 2 weeks to work on my climbing. :eek:

Did you leave me off the list accidentally or is this a hint that I'm not welcome. :lol:

I am not fit to appear in public let along organise group rides :o

Sorry about that. List updated. :D

Anybody else I offended?

Anybody else I offended?

If last week is anything to go by, you're great at organising group rides. I was just teasing. ;)

Really looking forward to this ride. :)

Anybody else I offended?

Yes, I find bikes without gears offensive...jk :D On a serious note though, this ride sounds a bit hectic elevation and distance wise for anyone who hasnt even done a full sesh at NF, I just hope everyone who's signed up understands that.

I think a big part of the day is going to be a mental as well as physical experience.

It's amazing how strong the human mind can be. I firmly believe that once you detach your mind from the pain you can achieve great things.

That and never look at the top of the climb. 2 meters in front of your wheel is far enough :D

If I can get to the base then we wil all get to the top together.... thats the great thing about a group ride -motivation. No - one gets left behind and tht feeling of accomplishment will be incredible. Its time in the saddle, distance and hard work. But we wil have coffee stops along the way. One hill at a time... together. (And I will bring that little bracelet that unravels to make a 10m tow rope.... just in case! :w00t:

If I can get to the base then we wil all get to the top together.... thats the great thing about a group ride -motivation. No - one gets left behind and tht feeling of accomplishment will be incredible. Its time in the saddle, distance and hard work. But we wil have coffee stops along the way. One hill at a time... together. (And I will bring that little bracelet that unravels to make a 10m tow rope.... just in case! :w00t:

and drugs! :D

Thanks Mons. I have a box of gears on my desk at the moment.

2 cassettes, 5 chains, derailleur, shifters, crankset etc etc.

I think ill be fine for spares.

Thanks Mons. I have a box of gears on my desk at the moment.

2 cassettes, 5 chains, derailleur, shifters, crankset etc etc.

I think ill be fine for spares.

...... :eek: Jeesh... you going in fully armed!! And I thought I was bad!!

Just a quick one - will there be food available afterwards? Think we all might be hungry like bears afterwards. And Steri-Stumpi??? :eek: Just saying..... :whistling:

Just a quick one - will there be food available afterwards? Think we all might be hungry like bears afterwards. And Steri-Stumpi??? :eek: Just saying..... :whistling:

(too lazy to check thru thread......)

27d 37' 26" E, 25d 52' 13"

bike wash

ablution and showers

safe parking

swimming pool

Boeries and cold one's available at Nancy Drew's place