Giant 29er Anthem Advanced

cowboylegs

After months of waiting and waiting and waiting the Giant 29er Anthem Advanced finally arrived in SA!

The SA version is slightly different to the US version which I like since I am a Shimano fan...check out the specs here:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-za/bikes/model/anthem.x.advanced.29er/12781/59375/#specifications

I like the specs on the bike, would like to know what my fellow hubbers think?

waiting on final confirmation but rumored to be around R32k - R35k. Other bikes oin the price range is the Scott which I don't like for various reasons and I heard from reliable sources that the Ghost 29er dual suspension will be here in December. The ghost is similarly spec'd than the Giant except the shocks are fox.

Also not sure if I can wait that long....

I've placed an order for its little brother, the Anthem X 29er 1

Fox spec's and soem SLX & XT compnentry...

Cannot wait...couple of sleeps left!!

Love the anthem.Doing the CPT on mine next week .I have seen them at cajees .Full xt is a winner .maestro yes!,Only thing I will change are the tyres .I prefer the Sid monarch suspension setup anyway to fox .Go for it !

I've placed an order for its little brother, the Anthem X 29er 1

Fox spec's and soem SLX & XT compnentry...

Cannot wait...couple of sleeps left!!

yeah good bike and well priced!

Love the anthem.Doing the CPT on mine next week .I have seen them at cajees .Full xt is a winner .maestro yes!,Only thing I will change are the tyres .I prefer the Sid monarch suspension setup anyway to fox .Go for it !

Tyres are off immediately! What do you recommend? Scwalbe snake skins?

Tyres are off immediately! What do you recommend? Scwalbe snake skins?

Being a Conti fan myself....

I did ead some +tive reports on the Racin Ralphs...here on e the Hud 29er wheers thread..

so, maybe i'll give them a try - until they are worn and then back to Conti's for me...

snakeskin on ,and you can do do the epic .Saddle also goes .I have conti protection combo at the moment .Crossmark is also good but heavy .Doing CPT with contis,s .They also sponsor the event ,so I can get a new set for R 900.0 at the event

snakeskin on ,and you can do do the epic .Saddle also goes .I have conti protection combo at the moment .Crossmark is also good but heavy .Doing CPT with contis,s .They also sponsor the event ,so I can get a new set for R 900.0 at the event

saddle is off, sella italia slx c is on its way!

excited!

not another 29er thread

I asked opinions on the bike I am about the buy from fellow bikers, the fact that the bike is a 29er and not a 26er or 650b is immaterial. I never asked if I should buy a 26er/650b/29er...that debate has been well covered.

This is a cycling/bike/equipment forum isn't it?

I think its called the www.thehub.co.za and not www.thepessimist.co.za

Apologies for posting bike stuff on a bike website...

I saw a few of these @ the LBS yesterday.

They look great!

Ja, slap some Racing Ralph Snake Skins on with your saddle & pedals of choice and you have a nice machine.

I noticed that it even has space for some dropper seatpost cables under the top tube.

Before you leave the shop though, check the cable that runs through the down tube doesn't rattle. It was the only thing the sales guy pointed out to me.

I saw a few of these @ the LBS yesterday.

They look great!

Ja, slap some Racing Ralph Snake Skins on with your saddle & pedals of choice and you have a nice machine.

I noticed that it even has space for some dropper seatpost cables under the top tube.

Before you leave the shop though, check the cable that runs through the down tube doesn't rattle. It was the only thing the sales guy pointed out to me.

thx!

Ralph at the back but not so sure about the front at the moment...LBS suggested nobly nick's but they look very wide even though they are 2.3 wide and very aggressive!!!

Is there slimmer nobbly nicks like a 2.5 or something???

Any suggestions?

Edited by cowboylegs