Uncle Rico Needs help,Somerset/Jonkers trails.

Unclerico

Whats up Cape Town AM/Trail Gurus, Im coming down to CT on the 3rd November till the 9th Staying in Somerset West, Im keen to go ride while im down there, whats the best trail/am stuff around there? What does is cost to ride? are there marked routes?. Im also very keen to head out to Jonkers as I have only ever raced DH Nationals there and always seen such prime trails driving up in the shuttle. Tokai is another option but its pretty far and Im not keen to get my Sukuma Stolen. Any advice would be great and if any of you guys would be keen to meet up that would be sick.Already planning on riding with Omega Man if he decides to harden up haha

Guest Omega Man

Whats up Cape Town AM/Trail Gurus, Im coming down to CT on the 3rd November till the 9th Staying in Somerset West, Im keen to go ride while im down there, whats the best trail/am stuff around there? What does is cost to ride? are there marked routes?. Im also very keen to head out to Jonkers as I have only ever raced DH Nationals there and always seen such prime trails driving up in the shuttle. Tokai is another option but its pretty far and Im not keen to get my Sukuma Stolen. Any advice would be great and if any of you guys would be keen to meet up that would be sick.Already planning on riding with Omega Man if he decides to harden up haha

Got my reign bru. we'll org some riding our jonkers way JUST for you.

.Already planning on riding with Omega Man if he decides to harden up haha

**** you'd better tell him to start doing some training so that he doesnt blow a fooffy-valve up the first incline like he did with me! hahaha

**** you'd better tell him to start doing some training so that he doesnt blow a fooffy-valve up the first incline like he did with me! hahaha

HA HA, yes! Duane, put in some mileage to keep your lunch on the inside!!

haha if he chunders i will take a pic and post it here.

sweet im keen (just need to see when mountain splendor is cus im going to ride that when im back and its in november some time

whats the best stuff to ride?

Jonkers, Tokai, Gspot/Eden & Paarl for play areas and for longer singletrack.. Welvanpas

whats the best stuff to ride?

Singletrack.... whistling.gif

LOL. Seriously though - don't worry about Tokai. Seems it may have been an inside job (wekka) and it has been nipped in the bud. Plus, the oke that got charged off his bike was riding after dark, by himself - not a smart thing to do no matter where you're riding!)

Your Sukuma will LOOOOOOVE Tokai. Especially since the improvements! 3 alpha-numerics. DH1. Divert. OOOOh mama.

The trails in Tokai are made for that bike, Uncle...

Lots of trails in Grabouw with lots of st but maybe more xc than am, Lebanon (R30) is a trail in Grabouw with some technical sections but maybe not AM. Then there is the Schapenberg (R40) black route in S/West which might just qualify as a trail ride. But the best AM stuff is for free and closest to S/West - and that is on Helderberg itself - you can get to the trails from Helderberg College in S/West - pm me to show you the place. I also know of a trail going down from Sir Lowry`s Pass which is very long and technical and not ridable on a xc bike.

Guest Omega Man

Ja. Erm about that.

Check it out, this is the Sir Lowry`s Pass trail about 10mins drive out of Somerset West. XC bikes not allowed/able.