EPO BOOST...what's the difference?

Wayne Booysen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is SPAM! (Unwanted, unsolicited - unpaid? commercial advertisement)

It is time for The Hub SA to publish and enforce advertising standards / rules etc.

Jeeeezzzz c'mon guys...

Why does everyone feel the need to make snotty comments on everything someone else posts...

If you think it's SPAM then DON"T READ IT and get on with your life... Nobody forces you to read ANYTHING!!!

Thinking you are better than everyone else and that everyone should jump when you say something is being more of an asshole than posting an "advert" or whatever...

Just let people be and take your nose out of peoples business, if you feel the need to stick if somewhere, stick it in you arse and see that yours also stinks

"Just reading this blog and I will disclose that I am with Biomedical Research Laboratories, the maker of EPO-Boost. Since this product is not available in ZA at the moment, I do not think that the original poster was trying to sell anything nor do I know this person..."

Just reading this blog, eh?

HMMMM...

Seems this EPOBOOST has been discussed to death on the other forums like roadbikereview.net and bikeforum.com. I mean to death as it started and ended and the general conscensus was not good about its claims. Atleast with the amount of echinaea you are ingesting you wont get the flu.

From http://forums.roadbikereview.com/racing-training-nutrition-triathlons/epo-boost-supplement-172083.html.

Originally Posted by Dwayne Barry

Here is the link to the published study from these guys that I found on Pubmed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17962712?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

So it increased EPO apparently, but no increase in red blood cells, which of course is the end product we all care about. No mention in the abstract of measuring performance.

Abstract

The purpose of this investigation was to determine whether echinacea supplementation results in alterations of erythroid growth factors and erythropoietic status. Twenty-four men age 24.9 +/- 4.2 y, height 1.7 +/- 0.8 m, weight 87.9 +/- 14.6 kg, and 19.3% +/- 6.5% body fat were grouped using a double-blind design and self- administered an 8000-mg/d dose of either echinacea (ECH) or placebo (PLA) in 5 x 400 mg x 4 times/d for 28 d. Blood samples were collected and analyzed for red blood cells (RBCs), hematocrit (Hct), hemoglobin (Hb), mean corpuscular volume, mean corpuscular hemoglobin content, prostaglandin E2, ferritin, erythropoietin (EPO), interleukin 3 (IL-3), and granulocyte-macrophage-colony-stimulating factor using automated flow cytometry and ELISA. ANOVA was used to determine significant differences (P ? 0.05). EPO was greater (P < 0.001) in ECH at Days 7, 14, and 21 and reflected a 44%, 63%, and 36% increase, respectively. IL-3 was greater (P = 0.011) in ECH at Days 14 and 21, which indicated a 65% and 73% increase, respectively. These data indicate tha ECH supplementation resulted in an increase in EPO and IL-3
but did not significantly alter RBCs, Hb, or Hct.

Definitions:

RBCs: Red Blood Cell (counts) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003644.htm

Hb: Hemoglobin http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003645.htm

Hct: Hematocrit http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003646.htm

Apologies (being polite here!) to DSCarroll1 but from the abstract for the above, it seems to do nothing other than just boost EPO serum levels...

So... I'm standing by the snake oil statement (and you can trust me on this - more so than the lady from the company - their PR department, guess not the CEO?)

Jeeeezzzz c'mon guys...

Why does everyone feel the need to make snotty comments on everything someone else posts...

If you think it's SPAM then DON"T READ IT and get on with your life... Nobody forces you to read ANYTHING!!!

Thinking you are better than everyone else and that everyone should jump when you say something is being more of an asshole than posting an "advert" or whatever...

Just let people be and take your nose out of peoples business, if you feel the need to stick if somewhere, stick it in you arse and see that yours also stinks

Are you affiliated to the product?

Your whole comment is puerile:

1. Follow your own advice!!!! If this thread offends so severely, why read it? thumbdown.gif

2. "Just let people be" - So, you say you are OK with people fleecing the country out of billions via fraudulent government tenders?

"Just reading this blog and I will disclose that I am with Biomedical Research Laboratories, the maker of EPO-Boost. Since this product is not available in ZA at the moment, I do not think that the original poster was trying to sell anything nor do I know this person..."

Just reading this blog, eh?

HMMMM...

betcha she is from their PR department, and has a google feed/notification set up and her task is to do more senseless marketing blurb whenever somehting like this thread pops up!

@robox... You sound like a self opinionated, self appointed thread administrator...

And thats cool if thats your thing... However, I dont care for your take on things... And hence I will henceforth adding you to my ignore list...

Good luck with your incessent irrelevant posts.

@robox... You sound like a self opinionated, self appointed thread administrator...

And thats cool if thats your thing... However, I dont care for your take on things... And hence I will henceforth adding you to my ignore list...

Good luck with your incessent irrelevant posts.

The OP firstly made a seemingly spam post. I responded in like to that.

Secondly, he amended the post asking for an opinion. I gave one. Sure it wasn't a 'yes man' opinion, and I stand by what I've posted. Read what I've posted - there is a link to a real research paper, and explanations of certain critical terms - from a USA government agency site, so not affiliated to any 'product'

Anyway, good luck to you - do as you please as it is a free world. I'll reciprocate your action, then we call it quits ;)

betcha she is from their PR department, and has a google feed/notification set up and her task is to do more senseless marketing blurb whenever somehting like this thread pops up!

Yip, makes sense... Thought it was the USADA police - undercover unit.