The Spruit

Trivium

I rode down here again this morning, dont know if this is old hat but some knob-jockey has gone and cut down all the trees around the singletrack!cursing.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode down here again this morning, dont know if this is old hat but some knob-jockey has gone and cut down all the trees around the singletrack!cursing.gif

That is horrible. Was one of the nicest sections on Spruit.

Wholeheartedly agree - can't see any reason why this was done. Really sad that this lovely section has been diminished.

That "knob jockey" is JHB city parks. And they did it because those are poplars (non indigenous). But yes, i agree, it makes those 2 sections look like a wasteland

Oh, and the Spruit Fairy is away on holiday, but when i see him next I'll let him know that his work is much appreciated by you folks.

Just don't crash on the jumps and try sue him! Haha

Edited by patches

I spoke to a guy today who told me to avoid the Spruit completely if i'm riding by myself. When i did it the 3 times over the last two days i was dodging people including runners and dogs. I only have done The first section of the spruit starting from zoo lake, is that side just safe and the other areas dangerous ? Wanting to venture further down tomorrow, probably will go late around 2pm more or less.

I spoke to a guy today who told me to avoid the Spruit completely if i'm riding by myself. When i did it the 3 times over the last two days i was dodging people including runners and dogs. I only have done The first section of the spruit starting from zoo lake, is that side just safe and the other areas dangerous ? Wanting to venture further down tomorrow, probably will go late around 2pm more or less.

I ride up from Fratelis often. No wories from

There to Emerentia and back.

I would say the spriuit is pretty safe, if alone I avoid the part from William Nicol towardsbfourways and mornings better than afternoon, so the stretch from William Nicol/republic up to emmerentia weekend mornings when there are lots of people, as you say you need to dodge walkers, runners and the likes.

I am sure its always better to ride with someone but i have been riding the spruit on my own for the last 2 years. From Paulshof to Delta, some areas look a little dodgy but I think its realitvy safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys/girls.

I've been wanting to thank who ever cut that new but of single track after "The rock" or whatever its called. It's super fun going over those rocks!

Big up!

That section is good fun. Just needs to be ridden now to make it smooth.

True, it's much better than the first time I rode it, chainrings and cranks also seem to be smoothing out that last rock hehehehe!

whats the chances of the spruit fairy building a bridge at that river crossing.. its a bit slippery jumping those rocks with cleats