Triathlon Watch

Garfield2010

To the 910xt owners out there. When you use the courses feature can it display your location on an elevation profile like this screen from the Edge 500?

sc-04-lg.jpg

Don't know tbh, never tried to use it that easy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the RCX5 and am very happy with it. It has some limitations, but on the whole it's great. Polar claim that it's the only HR monitor that will pick up a signal under water. Whilst I haven't tried others, it works well under the water during swims etc.

I use the GPS3 GPS unit which is a bit bulky, so get the newer one and you should be fine.

J

The new Polar RC3 GPS seems very nice! Built in GPS like Garmin

post-17760-13537003967461.jpg

The new Polar RC3 GPS seems very nice! Built in GPS like Garmin

post-17760-13537003967461.jpg

Agreed, I've read about this but it seems that it's not a multisport unit, but rather a primarily running unit.

One of the things that would stop me from using it on a swim for example is the water resistance. The RCX5 has a 30m depth limit which is more than sufficient. This unit has the "good for a depth of 1m for up to 1hr" (not sure of the official nomenclature), but last Polar unit I had that used that type of resistance got water logged during an open water swim.

Check out the review on http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/08/first-look-at-new-polar-rc3-gpsthe.html

• 2 weeks later...

Can you guys maybe give an opinion on a budget tri watch? Have been doing some research and I am opting for the garming forerunner 70, don't like gps and low battery life.

Opinions?

Can you guys maybe give an opinion on a budget tri watch? Have been doing some research and I am opting for the garming forerunner 70, don't like gps and low battery life.

Opinions?

Best is to read at dcrainmaker.com . I bought the FR210 on my limited budget. The watch is exactly how I thougt it would be after reading his reviews.

Best is to read at dcrainmaker.com . I bought the FR210 on my limited budget. The watch is exactly how I thougt it would be after reading his reviews.

Read his reviews, excellent stuff. You cant swim with the fr210 or fr110 hey.

Was rather looking at first hand experience with things like software issues and after sales service.

Enjoy your 210!

Read his reviews, excellent stuff. You cant swim with the fr210 or fr110 hey.

Was rather looking at first hand experience with things like software issues and after sales service.

Enjoy your 210!

Thanx man! Jip the 210 is only splashproof.

The FR70 works with a foot pod, so can't measure distance on bicycle.

Another watch to consider is the Polar CS300 which is a cycling watch, no GPS and long battery life. Think its waterproof. RRP is R1900. This watch can't measure distance on the run.

Thanx man! Jip the 210 is only splashproof.

The FR70 works with a foot pod, so can't measure distance on bicycle.

Another watch to consider is the Polar CS300 which is a cycling watch, no GPS and long battery life. Think its waterproof. RRP is R1900. This watch can't measure distance on the run.

Interesting thanks, watched a few videos and reviews about the cheaper RS100 and it seems very plasticish? But most of the polar lower range watches has this feel.

Considered the CS300 but it has gotten a hell of a lot bad reputation regarding durability....

Also looked at something like the FR110 but I want to be able to swim with it and the GPS function in most watches nowadays gives such little battery life it is turning me way off.

Yes and did you see how accurate the FR60/70 is with the foot pod while jogging? Differences in pace/speed is also instantaneous. If I go that route I will probably buy the garmin speed/cadence sensor later on, but for now my knog works fine and the watch should just compliment it with the jogging and HR functions.

Are you going to use the 210 on the bike as well?

Are you going to use the 210 on the bike as well?

Yes I'm using it on the bike as well with a Polar mount. Basic in terms of on screen detail as per DCR, but when synced with Strava it gives you all the details. The premium heartrate strap is great. My Polar S520 is 7years old and I was keen on a upgrade. I also bought the 210 keeping in mind that I will buy the replacement of the Edge 500 in the future.

Yes I'm using it on the bike as well with a Polar mount. Basic in terms of on screen detail as per DCR, but when synced with Strava it gives you all the details. The premium heartrate strap is great. My Polar S520 is 7years old and I was keen on a upgrade. I also bought the 210 keeping in mind that I will buy the replacement of the Edge 500 in the future.

The RS100/200 are tough as nails, all my buddies that have them had it for ages, no problems.