MTB or Road bike?

joggie prinsloo

Do you prefer mtb or Road bike?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer mtb or Road bike?

• MTB?
    • Road bike?

I do both, but prefer MTB. Quieter, fellow riders are friendlier, fresh air and in general saver. All of this and the fact that I prefer to be somewhere in the woods on a trail...bliss!

Road bike. I have a MT bike, but I also have a dirt bike that is 1000% more fun in the dirt. So the MT bike doesn't win that battle very often.

Buddy' date=' thanks !!! That is the kind of info i need! But, is it more on recreational side or competative side?[/quote']

the majority of people are coming in right at entry level - or just a bit above. most display cautious to outlay too much in case they don't get into it. (you can thank the NCA for that!) similarly, most say they want to don't necessarily want to get into racing, but want to lose a few pounds, or take it with them when they go on hols.

the next biggest chunk of buyers would be roadies scared of the road by accidents or bikejackings, who are willing to put a bit more money into it.

I'm a roadie and proud of it, but enjoy MTBing more. I like the rough and hardcore look of the MTB components.

I enjoy both - they are too different to compare.

Racing on the road - brilliant.

Slogging away on the MTB in beautiful surroundings - fantastic.

I shall abstain from voting...

I enjoy mtb more, but then again, when I do road I go with my mtb!!

So, I would agree with both, because as soon as financially possible I am getting a road bike too!!