EPO as a recreational cyclist

Dirtbreath

Yes, go jump off a cliff and Hope gravity will change. oops.gif

I say it is, and live my life by it. You can't live your life by hoping something like gravity will change to shades of grey.

For the 'space' we live in gravitity is the way it is... Who says the 'space' we are in is the only 'space'? Who says gravity works the same under different conditions (stuff we haven't encountered yet)...

PS: Causality is being challenged at the moment, so who knows... maybe we'll be able to 'jump' one day without going 'splat'

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point was that people are trying to overcome illness and live normal lives. Granted. My point is that Caster normally had too high testosterone levels that had to be brought down to be allowed to compete. In doiing so she became slower. I am saying living a normal life is not the same as competing at the highest level. The rules change up there and become harsher. Should a F1 driver with epilepsy be allowed to drive so that he can live a normal life? Can Juan Smith take anabolics to heal his achilles to return to normal life?

So blood transfusions instead of EPO is a win.

You think blood transfusions are a natural occurrance ?

you like to make things complicated and introduce other variables. Are you saying that gravity is NOT a constant ?

I'm using examples (generally extreme ones that will challenge dogma)..

Even on Earth gravity differs from place to place...

Your point was that people are trying to overcome illness and live normal lives. Granted. My point is that Caster normally had too high testosterone levels that had to be brought down to be allowed to compete. In doiing so she became slower. I am saying living a normal life is not the same as competing at the highest level. The rules change up there and become harsher. Should a F1 driver with epilepsy be allowed to drive so that he can live a normal life? Can Juan Smith take anabolics to heal his achilles to return to normal life?

Caster may still compete... wink.png but yes, she is a prime example of an attempt to define "normal human" and her attempts to conform to that

Are epileptics are allowed to drive (even normal cars?) safety reasons...?

Well, if he can get a TUE for it('out of competition'/monitoring/dosages) why not?

Edited by robox

For the 'space' we live in gravitity is the way it is... Who says the 'space' we are in is the only 'space'? Who says gravity works the same under different conditions (stuff we haven't encountered yet)...

There you go again, define other variables when you no longer can defend your own under the originals. We never talked about another "space" than here on earth ... Ready to jump off a cliff yet ?

Caster is continiously beiing treated. They drive if well controlled. Can he then continue taking it while competing (like an asthma pump)?

Caster is continiously beiing treated. They drive if well controlled. Can he then continue taking it while competing (like an asthma pump)?

get the facts from WADA and let us know... But I'd be surprised.

There you go again, define other variables when you no longer can defend your own under the originals. We never talked about another "space" than here on earth ... Ready to jump off a cliff yet ?

Not really... Assumptions were never clarified. You assumed 'earth' - maybe reasonable, maybe not... But NOT clarified (and I am feeling pedantic) I did not assume anything about (current) 'science' / knowledge for that matter. The one assumption I did make was 'we do not know' - I even stated that. Hence I challenged everything based on the here/now assumption. And I still do as we still do not know everything, or anything.

The mere pretence that we do comes down to sheer arrogance and will lead to the downfall of our specie. (okay.. that is a bit of a sweeping statement... but valid in general)

Anyway... since the mental gymnastics are done it is time to sleep

I see your point but I think it is different with insulin in that an overdose (supraphysiological) will kill you stat! Non -treatment the same. The point about glasses is a bit harsh since there are actually athletes with limited sight at the special olympics. What about a boy with low testosterone levels - should we boost him so that he can ride competitively?

How is it different? An asthmatic who does not take his medication can have an attack and die as a result. How is that any different to the diabetic who overdoes/doesn't take insulin (which incidently wont kill you stat as you say)

Apparently in olden days (Boer War era) the Boers fed their horses some dagga with their lucern to improve their endurance. Perhaps it is good for human endurance also, but I can't see it improving the competitive spirit at all.

My uncle was in the Rhodesian SAS and he told us that before a contact they would all smoke some weed. I can imagine it calms the nerves in a stressful situation like that...

Caster may still compete... wink.png but yes, she is a prime example of an attempt to define "normal human" and her attempts to conform to that

Are epileptics are allowed to drive (even normal cars?) safety reasons...?

Well, if he can get a TUE for it('out of competition'/monitoring/dosages) why not?

I am am not a doctor, but if casters balls are removed, won't his testosterone decrease to that of a woman?