94.7 race results

amoryns

What I find a bit suspect (I may be out of line and wrong here, so I have blurred their names) that 4 females from C, D and E groups managed to beat the majority of female elites?

Surely if they were capable of riding those times, they should be doing this for a living?whistling.gif

post-6252-0-36341700-1353330823_thumb.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find a bit suspect (I may be out of line and wrong here, so I have blurred their names) that 4 females from C, D and E groups managed to beat the majority of female elites?

Surely if they were capable of riding those times, they should be doing this for a living?whistling.gif

Coincidentally, one of those "females", is a friend of mine. She is a pretty strong rider on a mtb and is insanely fit. So yes, out of line, I'd say so. Remember also that in the C,D,E groups they can easily sit on guys' wheels and have an easier ride to the finish. It makes a huge difference.

Coincidentally, one of those "females", is a friend of mine. She is a pretty strong rider on a mtb and is insanely fit. So yes, out of line, I'd say so. Remember also that in the C,D,E groups they can easily sit on guys' wheels and have an easier ride to the finish. It makes a huge difference.

OK, apologies. I stand corrected. oops.gif

My race times were a lot quicker in the open groups... As soon as I moved to the elite ladies it was a whole different game. Get dropped early in the race and you would do a TT to the finish

Last year a lady from HH had the best female time...like AM says - different ball game than riding elites (pardon the pun)

Remember elite ladies race is tactical, they don't care what time they ride, it's about the win. I reckon all the top ladies would sit comfortably with us in VA if they had to.

question...do you think it is possible for someone to suddenly ride a 94.7 sub 3 if their results were as per below for previous years?

2010: 3:39

2011: 3:29

2012: 2:41

i only started cycling 6 and a half MONTHS ago and i did a comfortable sub 3 hour. a person can do a lot of training in that time.

question...do you think it is possible for someone to suddenly ride a 94.7 sub 3 if their results were as per below for previous years?

2010: 3:39

2011: 3:29

2012: 2:41

Totally possible

Remember elite ladies race is tactical, they don't care what time they ride, it's about the win. I reckon all the top ladies would sit comfortably with us in VA if they had to.

Agree with this one, i know the MTN ladies pretty well, and i tell you what - Lise Olivier is not only 10/12 minutes faster then me, she is a whole lot faster then me!!! its about the win not the time, they did seem much slower on sunday though.... maybe i was just faster hahahaha :)

Comments on woman's racing reminds me about 10 years ago riding a race in Edenvale. i was seeded B and about 40k's into the race we caught and passed the elite women when someone commented about the ladies having a tea party and the boep bunch catching them, did not go down to well with them and next thing we knew they accelerated and left us eating their dust.

I road with the lady in E, and let me tell you there was no wheel sucking going on there - In fact on the N14 she was right in front driving the bunch. Very strong....

Comments on woman's racing reminds me about 10 years ago riding a race in Edenvale. i was seeded B and about 40k's into the race we caught and passed the elite women when someone commented about the ladies having a tea party and the boep bunch catching them, did not go down to well with them and next thing we knew they accelerated and left us eating their dust.

Or in the Carousel some years ago, the elite ladies did a 32 average..... k*k was flying all over later from the CSA claiming they weren't racing.

haha i am not even riding anymore..

So why come here **** stirring? Axe to grind? Get over it maybe?

Edited by TNT1

Something to share TNT? Sound little sour ;-)

So why come here **** stirring? Axe to grind? Get over it maybe?