Slow afternoon spruit ride - 21 Nov 2012

G00SE

Excellent to meet everyone, hopefully there's lots more of those.

I may have to change my process to start riding from down-river. The feeling of being stuck in traffic I usually laugh at, on the way to a ride, hurt my soul. Karma - shout when you start at Paulshof area, I'll try keep up :)

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent to meet everyone, hopefully there's lots more of those.

I may have to change my process to start riding from down-river. The feeling of being stuck in traffic I usually laugh at, on the way to a ride, hurt my soul. Karma - shout when you start at Paulshof area, I'll try keep up smile.png

Cool - myself and SeanN do a ride out from Paulshof, meet the group, and head back with lights, on the spruit up to the big Pick n Pay, then on tar along Main towards Witkoppen, just to cut that last dodgy piece of Spruit.

Thanks guys for a fun night ride, my first, and thanks to Slick for the light.

It's so much more fun when you guys actually turn up!!

Will be 'light' shopping along with Smolster.

Oh, and thanks again for the free pizza and beer, ha, ha!!

Edited by big bad norm

Cool - myself and SeanN do a ride out from Paulshof, meet the group, and head back with lights, on the spruit up to the big Pick n Pay, then on tar along Main towards Witkoppen, just to cut that last dodgy piece of Spruit.

Karma, where do you guys get on the spruit?

I work in Paulshof and have been thinking about hitting the spruit from this side in the afternoons.

and which is the dodgy section?

Dodgy section is between Witkoppen and the N1 IIRC.

From Paulshof you can enter at two points. One is under the bridge off Witkoppen and the other is going over Cambridge and onto Cowly followed by 12th. Enter by the little bridge.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

I work in Paulshof and have been thinking about hitting the spruit from this side in the afternoons.

Coming down Witkoppen, take the bridge over the N1 (Cambridge), dont go all the way down underneath the highway.

Highlighted in Yellow

post-26043-0-57027100-1353570235_thumb.jpg

I often get onto the Spruit at 12th(Cowley)/Devonshire and then go upwards. If it's dark I'll go back via roads.

thanks Zook, Karma and Sir M.

I thought Cowley bridge would be best, and it's super close to work.

Will need to get some other ppl here onto bikes as well.

Did I not see you at Fratelli yesterday afternoon?! I'm sure you were there? - Why did you not ride with us?

Did I not see you at Fratelli yesterday afternoon?! I'm sure you were there? - Why did you not ride with us?

You got me!

I was there, but only had time for a quick 1.30h ride, so I raced up to Emmies and back quickly.

Will join for the next one for sure!

When is the next one???

Definitely next wednesday, but if anyone is doing another ride before then, I will see if I can join, maybe only at 17:30 though

I want to do the full top section (North from Fratellis)....who's in? and when?

+1 automatically.