V10C 2013

ThePubSA

A Process of Refinement

Matt Wragg http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb8922627/p5pb8922627.jpg

"The most successful DH bike of all time." Santa Cruz weren't shy in introducing their new V10 with those words. When you look back at race results, it is hard to argue with the pedigree of the V10: two Elite World Championships, one Junior World Championship, 14 World Cup wins and two World Cup series titles. More recently the carbon version was the first carbon DH bike to win a World Cup (Maribor 2010) and the first to win a World Championship (Leogang 2012). Those first carbon race bikes used a carbon front end and an alloy rear triangle, which soon became available to the public. The Syndicate started racing during the 2011 season with a carbon rear triangle. After a full year of testing on the World Cup circuit, Santa Cruz took the wraps of their all-new production frames with that carbon rear for a small group of journalists at Massa Vecchia in Italy.

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb8922629/p5pb8922629.jpg

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Santa-Cruz-V10-carbon-2013-first-look.html thumbup1.gif

http://gs1.pinkbike.org/sprt/f2/s/131.gif Lahar72 (9 hours ago)

Sorry to burst the SantaCruz bubble - and rain on a pretty cool parade, but the first carbon bike to win a world championship race was the Lahar M9 in 2006 with Cam Cole taking out the junior world champs. Impressive stuff back then. It always had a carbon rear triangle!

Not taking the piss here too much, as I admire SantaCruz and how the Syndicate operate as a team.

Can't say its the prettiest DH sled out there. That honor still belongs to Devinci and Commencal

Thats probably rather left to opinion, don't you think?

Can't say its the prettiest DH sled out there. That honor still belongs to Devinci and Commencal

Thats probably rather left to opinion, don't you think?

Thee olde;

One mans ugly is another mans wife wink.png

Your wife, my ugly? Yeah.

Sounds about right! tongue.png

Why go to the shops for milk,when you got a cow at home laugh.png

Alas no ball and chain tongue.png

Why go to the shops for milk,when you got a cow at home laugh.png

Alas no ball and chain tongue.png

ROFL!

Yeah, I have the chain and balls (plural) but I love em. Realized just yesterday how much my "freedoms" have been curtailed though. No more just popping out for a ride. Has to be planned, planned again, and everything has to be hunky dory before I leave. Little one crying? No ride. And on it goes.

Out comes the IDT again!

That was my opinion. Don't you think?

Nah bro, I really like the V10C look, its clean, maybe not in those colours but I prefer it to the devinci. Have to say though attop my list would be the intense m9 in lime green.

Guest Omega Man

http://gs1.pinkbike.org/sprt/f2/s/131.gif Lahar72 (9 hours ago)

Sorry to burst the SantaCruz bubble - and rain on a pretty cool parade, but the first carbon bike to win a world championship race was the Lahar M9 in 2006 with Cam Cole taking out the junior world champs. Impressive stuff back then. It always had a carbon rear triangle!

Not taking the piss here too much, as I admire SantaCruz and how the Syndicate operate as a team.

True that. Also Didn't Sam Hill win on a carbon Demo in 2010?

Steve Peat's win on a V10 was on an Ali bike so was Josh Bryceland's juniors win in 2009. (pushes glasses up nose)

It is a VERY pretty bike tho. And would be on my shopping list if the lottery win happened.

ROFL!

Yeah, I have the chain and balls (plural) but I love em. Realized just yesterday how much my "freedoms" have been curtailed though. No more just popping out for a ride. Has to be planned, planned again, and everything has to be hunky dory before I leave. Little one crying? No ride. And on it goes.

Out comes the IDT again!

HAHA

Jokes aside id be loving the family bliss,lil man to inspire and soon hell be carving berms with you at tokai and because hes a lil mayhem, he will soon be skeeming the plans on mom so you and him get more riding in. clap.gif w00t.gif thumbup1.gif

True that. Also Didn't Sam Hill win on a carbon Demo in 2010?

Steve Peat's win on a V10 was on an Ali bike so was Josh Bryceland's juniors win in 2009. (pushes glasses up nose)

It is a VERY pretty bike tho. And would be on my shopping list if the lottery win happened.

Right on thumbup1.gif