Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

My Spez was awesome, is awesome! The legs on the other hand were a bit...dead. You boys really pushed it in the beginning....loved it! devil.gif

Yeah, we like to push the section from top of Hels past Pniel to the T junction. It all downhill and lekka fast.

But if you thought that was pushing it, just wait for the race. That section and then the section past Simondium to Paarl is literaly flat out all the way.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we like to push the section from top of Hels past Pniel to the T junction. It all downhill and lekka fast.

But if you thought that was pushing it, just wait for the race. That section and then the section past Simondium to Paarl is literaly flat out all the way.

The Venge is going to fly down those sectionsdevil.gif

Now you're talking! devil.gif

Allez, I got a hay fever from hell two days before Karoo to Coast... then all that dust! cursing.gif Only got it sorted two weeks later courtesy of injection, but by then sinusses were FUBAR, so antibiotics and all that jazz.

Good luck, I know how you feel... Hope you get it sorted!

Allez, I got a hay fever from hell two days before Karoo to Coast... then all that dust! cursing.gif Only got it sorted two weeks later courtesy of injection, but by then sinusses were FUBAR, so antibiotics and all that jazz.

Good luck, I know how you feel... Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks SeaBee. I am getting hayfever late this year. Normally get it around September - October. Most of the antihistamines

makes me drowsy or I feel worse for a day or two. I think you are only allowed 3 cortisone injections per season... Haven't gone yet, should probably go now, but already to late.

If you haven't tried it yet, I've found adco-ceterezine to be quite effective mostly - and does not make me too drowsy.

But we have a number of different anti-histamines in the cupboard - both the mrs and myself are terrible hay fever sufferers. Sometimes you just need a different "plan of attack" and use something with different ingredients and it clears in two ticks. Good luck!

If you haven't tried it yet, I've found adco-ceterezine to be quite effective mostly - and does not make me too drowsy.

But we have a number of different anti-histamines in the cupboard - both the mrs and myself are terrible hay fever sufferers. Sometimes you just need a different "plan of attack" and use something with different ingredients and it clears in two ticks. Good luck!

I use sinfrontal (homeopathic meds) when hayfever season starts, when its high pollen days, I take them regularly through the day. They help me a lot, although not bulletproof solution and just miss one day and you get hayfever. Haven't tried Adco-Ceterezine before, or more likely I am not sure if I have. I got some meds from the doctor last year to try instead of the injection. Didn't really help, although I did feel better and the hayfever went from mild to low levels. Problem now... with the race on Sunday... do I shock it out of my system, or suffer through it.

If the wind stays NNW we will be riding into it from Pniel to Wellington and hopefully behind us from Wellington to Stellies. Wind is predicted to be under 10 knots.

That would be amazing! It is the last stretch on agter Paarl road that kills when that Cape Dr. visits! Can't wait! :)

I use sinfrontal (homeopathic meds) when hayfever season starts, when its high pollen days, I take them regularly through the day. They help me a lot, although not bulletproof solution and just miss one day and you get hayfever. Haven't tried Adco-Ceterezine before, or more likely I am not sure if I have. I got some meds from the doctor last year to try instead of the injection. Didn't really help, although I did feel better and the hayfever went from mild to low levels. Problem now... with the race on Sunday... do I shock it out of my system, or suffer through it.

Lukewarm water with some salt and bicarb, sniff up and blow every morning. Burns a little but does the trick. I use Sinutab ND but go through a pack to really work over a day or so.

Weather update for Sunday,

Stellies 26/15, windNE 7kph, light rain 23%,

Paarl 26/16, wind SW 19kph, light rain 23%, and

Wellies 30/16, wind 15 kph, light rain 29% .

Edited by MCipollini

If i want to do around 2h30 what my time/avg speed be for the first 30km ?

A Sub 2h30 is a 37 kph average for the whole route. Hope you are n the right group for that. Good luck.