Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

That's it.

With the drizzle, I'm leaving my white booties at home...

huh.png

I'll bring out my darker booties.

Edited by Puncheur

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is the wind is pumping in Stellenbosch. Small trees laying on their side. Strand Rd looks like it got pounded by a hurricane with all the debris. So happy we not riding today!

Yeah, pumping in Paarl as well, we'd have been hard pressed to ride today! As for Stellies - trees blown over on golf course, a section of PRG's wall collapsed with one of the pillars having been blown over...I only saw the fire trucks, but apparently a tree blew over onto a house in Pniel/Johannesdal, right near the entry to town (from Hels side)

I guess we can call this "a fresh breeze".

Wind is going to be pumping in the peninsula today and tomorrow over 50kph / 27knts. Looks like I will have to hit the spin bike for loosening up.

My forecast still saying chance of rain and fresh NW for Sunday - least if that holds we'll get some help down the R44 home

Thanks, very helpful. I would have thought that the first 30km would have been the slowest because of the big climb in the beginning.

If you look at the profile though, the next 22 are downhill and flat - so you get plenty time to make up your avg speed.

Don't be fooled by Helshoogte - the real work (IMO) comes keeping any kind of pace up on those 2nd two 30kms, especially the last. I never managed it mellow.png

Everytime I check the weather for Sunday it seems to get 'worsererer'! Gonna be some light rain on the course. Lets hope they wrong.

you gonna jinx it.... let it be

I live in Stellies - I couldn't leave the house this morning as a tree branch broke off and blocked the stairs, Couldnt sleep much either as it felt like the wind was going to rip open all the closed windows. It was bad, still is bad!nuke.gif

Hope it eases before Sunday....A LOT!

Edited by SyncSA

All the talk about weather, regardless we all gonna be there rain or shine. HTFU. That's why we love cycling right, well that's why i do I'm not getting paid to do it.

The weather gives us more to talk bout after the race i mean fun ride too

All the talk about weather, regardless we all gonna be there rain or shine. HTFU. That's why we love cycling right, well that's why i do I'm not getting paid to do it.

The weather gives us more to talk bout after the race i mean fun ride too

Love the speech....jokes!

All mother natures obstacles make the ride more interesting, while riding, not afterwards.

After, is when we go "Yorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! did you check out the wind"

Uum ok if you say so actually taken from widguru but whatever floats your boat.

It's only a prediction.. so you can really tell, smell, feel it on the day.

Yep the only thing predictable about Cape Town weather is it is unpredictable.

True, DC predictions were okayish, day turned out slightly worse...