Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Weather discussions are only for mental prep so you not caught off guard the morning. I dont think anyone here is gonna be sleeping in on Sunday. Rain predictions are good enough to just throw the rain jacket in the boot in case. Stiek uit, jou bang ding!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might need some sweeping and cleaning up of ol' Helz...

:-D

Edited by Puncheur

Okay guys... I'm properly out of the Burger and I'm filthy about it.

I've no idea what to do about selling my entry (or giving it away) but I'm leaving town tomorrow for a week for business so if anyone wants it they can have it.

... and yes I'll post this in the classifieds as well.

Cheers guys, hope it really blows! ;)

Okay guys... I'm properly out of the Burger and I'm filthy about it.

I've no idea what to do about selling my entry (or giving it away) but I'm leaving town tomorrow for a week for business so if anyone wants it they can have it.

... and yes I'll post this in the classifieds as well.

Cheers guys, hope it really blows! http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

Try PM Capcha I think he was looking for an entry

Yeah...

Adapted to Cape Town:

"on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing TREE LIMBS falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work...."

Weather discussions are only for mental prep so you not caught off guard the morning. I dont think anyone here is gonna be sleeping in on Sunday. Rain predictions are good enough to just throw the rain jacket in the boot in case. Stiek uit, jou bang ding!

Agree, mental preperations is also important. Especially going down Helshoogte at +80km/h because of the wind and just holding still.... or is that holding on?

Thanks, very helpful. I would have thought that the first 30km would have been the slowest because of the big climb in the beginning.

If I split my first 30km further, the first 7km up to the top of old Hels was done in 15 minutes (28km/h) while the next 23km was done in 28 minutes (49km/h) - remember that is with the SE from the back, actual Hels downhill as well as generally down down to the 30km mark.

Regarding old Hels: 5,870m (from where you turn right at the bottom) and 239m climbing = 4.1% gradient so not that steep, although some short corners are quite steep. Chappies from Noordhoek is about 2,400m and 108m climbing = 4.5%.

Riding the inside corners - average 5.5% Taking the outside lines - average 4.5%

It wouldn't make that big a difference!! Your ascent would still stay the same and you would maybe ride a few meters shorter taking the inside lane.

200m climbing for 5km = 4.0%

200m climbing for 5.1km = 3.9%

If I split my first 30km further, the first 7km up to the top of old Hels was done in 15 minutes (28km/h) while the next 23km was done in 28 minutes (49km/h) - remember that is with the SE from the back, actual Hels downhill as well as generally down down to the 30km mark.

Regarding old Hels: 5,870m (from where you turn right at the bottom) and 239m climbing = 4.1% gradient so not that steep, although some short corners are quite steep. Chappies from Noordhoek is about 2,400m and 108m climbing = 4.5%.

Very useful info, thanks!

AndyDudes splits are slightly misleading - He climbs like a girl, gets dropped and then needs to chase back like a bat out of hell...

Sorry Big guy, could not resist. clap.gif

Serves you right for leaving us for Joburg!