Everyone started slowly you Chop!!!!!!

DPG

May I apologise in advance for this Rant!!!!

This goes out to the Chop who tried to overtake my wife and I on the cycling path between Tableview and Milnerton on Sunday.

Are you stupid, blind or just too arrogant to realise that the 2 oncoming bikes would not give you enough space to pass us safely? We had the decency to be riding behind each other leaving plenty of space for PATIENT people to pass, and believe me, there were many who passed us on our ride.

Your blatant arrogance and belief that curly bars are better than straight caused my wife to land up in the wire fence, damage her bike and body, as well as do huge damage to my hard work in getting her on a bike in the first place.

As usual, YOU are probably in the minority and there are probably many more like you, hopefully you are outnumbered by the kinder friendly bikers who stopped to assist.

Other than that, had a great 40km ride in awesome weather, pity it was spoilt within 4kms of home.

To the 2 chaps who stopped to assist, thanks a million.

Wonder whether the speedster is here on da Hub...

:-/

Doubt that he will own up.

Darasia, sorry to hear of your bad experience

Not cool. I guess, as with life in general, there's always someone who's a chop and someone who's happy to help out.

i can believe this. i rode on the cycle path on saturday morning on my own. with the inclement weather the path was quiet with a few pedestrian/joggers. there isn't much place on the path when (and this is when murphy's law comes in) oncoming bikes and a jogger / pedestrian meet.

the path is just not the place for training at speed and i was just happy to spin along but was surprised by some cyclists who were tt'ing head down, got the impression they did not take notice of oncoming traffic.