Best road frame for between R10k - R15k?

GT Jimmy

Hi Hubbers

And opinions on the best road frame foe between 10 and 15k (or there abouts)?

Looking for a frame upgrade from my aluminium Colnago Dream but not sure where to start.

Thanks to any and all to may be able to help or offer any advice...

James

PS anyone ride a Canyon? Really love the look of those bikes and would be keen to hear any reviews

Saw a white Canyon this morning.

Very nice.

Haven't heard where to buy them locally.

Everyone I've heard have imported them.

You buy Canyon directly from www.canyon.com. That's why they are such good value - no distributor infrastructure and other nonsense.

Go see Oom Chris for a good deal on Fondriest TF3. Canyon sell directly to consumer only, no middle man. Look at 25 grand plus import duties. Giant TCR Advanced are in that ball park and very light. Caad 10 is awesome as an aluminium frame. Complete with Ultegra weighs in at 7.2 approximately. Vets 40-45 league was won on a Caad 10. Scott Foil is only available as a complete bike last I asked at CWC.

You might be able to pick up a 2012 Bianchi Sempre or Specialized Tarmac Comp for that price. The 2013 models are quite a bit more expensive.

Also check out SA's own international brand, the Swift. www.swiftcarbon.com Not sure of the frame prices, but considering the price of a complete bike, the Swift Ultravox or Attack may come in at your budget

@ niterider My apologies, didn't read your post properly before commenting on Canyon.

Edited by MCipollini

The Fondriest TF3 sells for R15500

Pity he doesnt need an XL, could have scored it for less than R13000. Hmmm I see you are considering a Fondriest as per other threads.

Pity he doesnt need an XL, could have scored it for less than R13000. Hmmm I see you are considering a Fondriest as per other threads.

Yip! Considering to buy a Fondriest frame and just build over parts from my current bike. Would be cool to add in new groupset as well but then you might as well consider a entirely new bike. It would have to wait till mid 2013 though. Just replaced my mtb and it set me back some. Girlfriend also wants to go to Europe next year June so i will see the shape of finances when i get back.

I will really have to concentrate to wait it outhuh.png

You did post your Fondriest somewhere on the hub if i am not mistaken MCippolini?

Yip! Considering to buy a Fondriest frame and just build over parts from my current bike. Would be cool to add in new groupset as well but then you might as well consider a entirely new bike. It would have to wait till mid 2013 though. Just replaced my mtb and it set me back some. Girlfriend also wants to go to Europe next year June so i will see the shape of finances when i get back.

I will really have to concentrate to wait it outhuh.png

You did post your Fondriest somewhere on the hub if i am not mistaken MCippolini?

I wish it was mine. Posted a pic of a TF Zero in 'blackbikes'. One can only dream.