Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But shot for the vote of confidence!

You're pacier than me on the Chappies after small Chappies.

And I'm pacier with the full Chappies.

But, how does Darren Lill manage an avg of 36 km/h, even in race conditions?!

Those PROs are something else. Yoh!

You're pacier than me on the Chappies after small Chappies.

And I'm pacier with the full Chappies.

But, how does Darren Lill manage an avg of 36 km/h, even in race conditions?!

Those PROs on epo are something else. Yoh!

Fixed

Edited by Meezo

I'm checking out some climbing training rides chaps have done... There are some serious rides with over 4000m of ascent when chaps do Suikerbossie repeats... Useful.

I'm checking out some climbing training rides chaps have done... There are some serious rides with over 4000m of ascent when chaps do Suikerbossie repeats... Useful.

It's easy. Imagine a 20 km or so loop x5 including OKW, Boyes and Black Hill.

(Gulp)

Wasn't the latest sufferfest in that region?

I do about 1000m a day with only around 43kms

Wasn't the latest sufferfest in that region?

I do about 1000m a day with only around 43kms

Last one was 153clicks with 3041m of climb. Didn't do a repeat of any hill though. Will look to get in a few hill repeat rides at some point before Feb.

Last one was 153clicks with 3041m of climb. Didn't do a repeat of any hill though. Will look to get in a few hill repeat rides at some point before Feb.

Use your phone it will be over 6000m of climbing

Nah, I'll stick to the edge 500 and rather get real results than worry about what the number on strava says! But I do have to check myself and not start planning rides around all out efforts along strava segments ALL THE TIME! I'm sure this is a common issue for those who use it regularly..

Nah, I'll But I do have to check myself and not start planning rides around all out efforts along strava segments ALL THE TIME! I'm sure this is a common issue for those who use it regularly..

True, Bru.

Chilled rides are now heavily influenced by the Strava race.

Good for League training though, those eina intervals.

I dunno. I use it mostly to track my own rides and see what friends and some pros I like are up to. How can you do base work if you are constantly chasing Strava segment times? Even on hard rides I am trying to ride consistently hard and can't really attack a specific segment.

For all erratic elevation stats; if you go onto the website, you can click on the elevation(text under number) and Strava will re-calculate it using GEO data, discarding the GPS/barometric data your GPS used.

What I've found is that if you park the bicycles with the GPS(Garmin) at the kitchen door but leave the tumble drier going with a last load the first few kilometers (quite a few!) are all downhill according the the recorded data. The elevation fix option on the website comes in handy in these type of cases. wink.png

Edited by robox